2013 NAMBA Fast Electric Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darby96

okay everyone I am now accepting sponsorship for these classes if you have already requested one please resubmit.

class sponsorships are $85.00 each class. We will also accept sponsorship for the banquet. Donation certificates will be given to all sponsors and donations.

The schedule will be out by next week, just a few little things to tidy up.

If you have manufactures wanting to sponsor please let us know.

N-2 Mono

P Sport Hydro

P Hydro

P-Ltd Cat

Q Mono

T Hydro

N-1 Mono

N-2 Offshore

P Ltd Offshore

P Offshore

Q Offshore

T Offshore

N-2 Sport Hydro

P Ltd Mono

P Ltd OPC

1/6th Crackerbox

P Mono

Q Hydro

T Sport Hydro

1/10th Scale Modern

N-2 Hydro

P Ltd Hydro

P Ltd Sport Hydro

1/10th Scale Vintage

T Mono

1/8th Scale

Q Sport Hydro

Hi Dave, I looked and did not see this event listed under "Races and Results" here on this site (I did see it on OSE)......you might want to post some info here on IW....

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Great News Steven Vaccaro OffShoreElectrics is on board as title sponsor Thank You Steven it is really appreciated.

So it now is the OffShoreElectrics.com presents the NAMBA District 9 RC Modleers Fast Electric Nationals

Good info and timely , Dave

Thanks

Are there RV spots with power and water available ? if so info please .

Dick Roberts

For everyone wanting to stay at the pond

Call Sonya for reservations (530) 656 2702

she is the super host and has many deals for you

They have rv spots with hook ups (suggest D Section)

we even have sites next to the pits however no hook ups

don't call Thousand Lake Trails.

For a close Motel we have Quality Inn

4228 S Highway 99, Yuba City, CA, 95991 United States ‎855-239-9223‎

Let's say I don't have any electric boats or I am a new comer is there any boats I can go to a hobby shop and buy off the shelf and be competitive or maybe competitive with a few bolt on mods? Which boats would they be and which classes would they compete in?

Roger,

There are a number of Limited classes that can be run. I will go through the electric rules just to be sure.

Roger,

The two classes that come to mind where a off the shelf boat has the best chance of being competitive is P-Ltd Cat and P-Ltd Mono as well as the P-offshore(4 min race). Look at the offerings from ProBoat and Aquacraft.

You can easily build a P sport hydro from Phil Thomas or Insane and P mono is very popular and there are a number of hulls available. The AM Mean Machine also makes great all around P hull which you can in P-Ltd cat and P offshore.

Tyler

Roger,

The two classes that come to mind where a off the shelf boat has the best chance of being competitive is P-Ltd Cat and P-Ltd Mono as well as the P-offshore(4 min race). Look at the offerings from ProBoat and Aquacraft.

You can easily build a P sport hydro from Phil Thomas or Insane and P mono is very popular and there are a number of hulls available. The AM Mean Machine also makes great all around P hull which you can in P-Ltd cat and P offshore.

Tyler
So a Traxxas Spartan, ProBoat Impulse, or AquaCraft Revolt and I will be in the money for P-Mono Ltd?

Is there P-Sport Hydro Ltd? Would a UL Superior work for that?

For cat would a AquaCraft Motley Crue work? or a Proboat Black Jack or Geico?

Stock right out of the box would work well?

Although I am a ride to die nitro guy what I like about the electric boat is for the new comers. You just turn it on and go. You don't have to fuss with the motor making power enough to get on plane and those types of things. I do think there are easier to tune just to get to a decent speed.

Lake Minden is a nice site too. It is a grassy tree filled race site with plenty of camping space, cabins and trailers to rent. The draw of it being a nationals is that you have a lot of guys there to learn from. I could see a new guy, from cars, planes or helicopters, picking up a boat from the local hobbyshop and joining in on the fun with lots of guys to learn from. He could bring his wife and kids and they have a basketball court, softball field, horseshoes, swings and slides as well as beach area for kids to swim at the end of the day. It could make for a very relaxing and fun entry into the RC Hobby with lots of help from seasoned racers. I've stayed in a cabin there, a trailer, a mobile home and the hotel which is about 12 to 15 minutes away. The town is perhaps 20 minutes away with all the accommodations one would need. I've also gone to the State Capital, and Old Town Sacramento where they have the Steam Boats. It's a good place to go and bring the family or significant other.

Hi Roger;

I think the Traxxas Spartan is 2 inches too long for P class. I think it runs in Q class electric, (P max length is 34" Spartan is ~36").

Roger,

Tyler
So a Traxxas Spartan, ProBoat Impulse, or AquaCraft Revolt and I will be in the money for P-Mono Ltd?

Is there P-Sport Hydro Ltd? Would a UL Superior work for that?

For cat would a AquaCraft Motley Crue work? or a Proboat Black Jack or Geico?

Stock right out of the box would work well?

Although I am a ride to die nitro guy what I like about the electric boat is for the new comers. You just turn it on and go. You don't have to fuss with the motor making power enough to get on plane and those types of things. I do think there are easier to tune just to get to a decent speed.

Lake Minden is a nice site too. It is a grassy tree filled race site with plenty of camping space, cabins and trailers to rent. The draw of it being a nationals is that you have a lot of guys there to learn from. I could see a new guy, from cars, planes or helicopters, picking up a boat from the local hobbyshop and joining in on the fun with lots of guys to learn from. He could bring his wife and kids and they have a basketball court, softball field, horseshoes, swings and slides as well as beach area for kids to swim at the end of the day. It could make for a very relaxing and fun entry into the RC Hobby with lots of help from seasoned racers. I've stayed in a cabin there, a trailer, a mobile home and the hotel which is about 12 to 15 minutes away. The town is perhaps 20 minutes away with all the accommodations one would need. I've also gone to the State Capital, and Old Town Sacramento where they have the Steam Boats. It's a good place to go and bring the family or significant other.
Roger,

Both P-Ltd mono and the soon to be chartered P-Ltd cat have good offerings from the major vendors. The hulls you mentioned are pretty decent, my nod goes to the Aquacraft models who have the best out of the box performance. The Traxxas is too long to the P classes and will not be competitve in the Q classes.

The UL-1 is too flightly for P-Ltd sport hydro which happens to be the most competitive class. Since I know you can build very boats look at building an Insane FE30, Phil Thomas Stealth or Whip sport 20. The whiplash in my experience is the hull to beat in this class. I can also double as a P Sport hydro the best.

You should hit up Alfred to donate a Leecraft(s) as either a sport 20 converted or an A OPC.

Tyler

In the dawn of P limited tunnel I raced a converted Leecraft XTR-21 against Brian Buaas' Topspeed. I actually was in the lead for a short time. There is potential, especially if the mold was changed to make a built in electric style radio box. Otherwise, you'll need to build something like the second picture.

Lohring Miller

Back