2012 ML Boatworks- Spirit of Qatar 1/8th scale "Extreme Series" build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd,

Thanks for dealing with the long build time frame. Its definitely been a long 5-6 months! haha. Its been great working with you on these as well, and nice meeting a new friend. I am pretty excited your two hulls and my '85 Domino's hull (new owner) will be at the Utah Nats! Wish I could have gotten Mcknight's done too...just not enough time in the day! Oh, my wife is glad to see these ship too! :eek:

They are not attending the Utah Nats. They will be at the Fast Electric Nationals in Lake Minden, CA. Yeah buddy! Testing Sunday.

Todd got some testing in this weekend. He only had a day to reasemble the boat, and go to the pond. This was after the 2nd or 3rd run I think. He actually did not adjust it from how I sent it to him. This is a 1530, 1y on 10s lipo, castle 200hv hydra ice esc, no added lead, just straight hull! I suggested he run the first few times without rear wings to get use to the boat, and in case it blew off due to bad setting the damage would be minimal. Please note, this was at 3/4 throttle...he never opened it up...said it was running faster and easier than his old Oberto glass hull from last year. You can tell its very stable. He will be attending the FE nationals for Namba in California next week! Hope it does well! Mike

Todd brought boat over yesterday and Mike did a great job balancing out the boat. I gave Todd a few props to test with this weekend. We'll see how she goes now with the wings on and a couple of minor adjustments.

Mike That boat is Beautiful..........you should meet Greg Haun sometime he built one too!

Back