1972 Notre Dame

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brandt

Vendor
Latest 1/8 Scale 72 Notre Dame complete. Hull is all carbon fiber. I received the "Steve Muck" hull from John Borden in October and worked fitting, sanding and painting throughout the winter. I'll campaign the boat this year with the Northwest Club RC Unlimiteds. The boat uses a 67 CMB, Savox Servos, a 67 Muck Pipe, Speedmaster Rudder, Gary Jensen Strut, Home Made Skid Fin and Airtronics M12 Radio gear. As she sits without fuel the boat weighs in at 11 pounds 8 ounces.
Big thanks to John Borden. I also want to thank Scott Meyers for engineering and building my tanks and son David Brandt for his engineering thoughts and help in layout. Time to go RACING!

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful boat.

the small ND crest on the nose is an accurate detail not seen on many '72 ND models.

where did you get the graphics ?

Not exactly a good shot. I'll do better when I pull it back out. Set aside for now to get FE 82 Gilmore ready.

IMG_1543.JPG

Yes, Borden/Muck.

I Left the cowl on this one in its 3 piece config whereas on the Notre Dame I joined the 3 to make a one piece cowl.

Yes, Borden/Muck.

I Left the cowl on this one in its 3 piece config whereas on the Notre Dame I joined the 3 to make a one piece cowl.
bill,

i was surprised to see the 3 pc cowl on the electric Gilmore.

seems more likely to leak.

the ND and Gilmore are my favorite 108 scales.

beautiful boats.

dave w.

Yes, Borden/Muck.

bill,

i was surprised to see the 3 pc cowl on the electric Gilmore.

seems more likely to leak.

the ND and Gilmore are my favorite 108 scales.

beautiful boats.

dave w.
The center section is taped below cowlings versus taping cowlings. Added a couple more pics to first post.

FE pics of my CF 82 Gilmore Special as requested.
Stunning - may I ask what motor/battery setup you're running? Thanks!
Running;

Motor...HET Typhoon 700 Series 840kv...I carry them here....http://www.allrc1.com/#!product/prd1/3777856531/het-typhoon-700-series-840kv-fe-motor

ESC...Alien 300Amp..I carry them also but don't list on site

Batteries...Venom/Bias 5000mah 4S in series to 8S

Airtronics/Sanwa Radio with Savox 0231 servos

Latest posts

Back