1967 Harrah's Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WikiWiki1

Supporting Member
I was watching some old hydro video and noticed the 67 Harrah's Club had an automotive

engine mounted in front of the allison. Was that for extra drive shaft power or did it run

somekind of blower?? Anybody know about this odd setup? Just curious.

Brent

I was watching some old hydro video and noticed the 67 Harrah's Club had an automotive engine mounted in front of the allison. Was that for extra drive shaft power or did it run

somekind of blower?? Anybody know about this odd setup? Just curious.

Brent
Hi Brent, Just checked some history on the Harrah's Club and 67 was a pretty dismal season-boat only made one final with allison power. Mira Slovac convinced the team to convert to Rolls Merlin power for 1968 but was injured before the start of the 68 season. Any luck with the Exide? Thanks', Glenn

The engine was a buck v-6 and it ran a blower for the engine. It was the concept of the crew chief that the drag from the blower on the Alison was robing power. Needless to say it did not work.

Brent,

Just curious.....was it the 1967 Detroit Race video you were watching???

I have been searching to find video of the '67 Detroit Race when the Chrysler Crew won the race...... B)

Thanks!

~Bill

Brent,
Just curious.....was it the 1967 Detroit Race video you were watching???

I have been searching to find video of the '67 Detroit Race when the Chrysler Crew won the race...... B)

Thanks!

~Bill

It wasn't the 67 detroit, it was Echos of Thunder 1960's from the hydro museum

Brent

Back