13cc pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickey

Its taken a while but im finaly getting my 1/4 scale compleated, and im thinking about trying to find a pipe for the K&b 13cc ob thats hanging on the back of it. So can anyone out there can advise me on what type and where i can get it from.

Cheers :D

Hey Tricky!

Same deal here......K&B 13cc OB in need of a pipe. I asked a few people and got pretty much the same answer: An 11cc pipe is your best bet. mainly because nobody has done any R&D for 13cc J-pipes.

I ordered 2......an Aerotech, and an Irwin. The Aerotech has a nice alum header. but you have to cut the header to do any tuning. and the Aerotech is an open pipe( no muffler).

I waited almost 2 months for the "new design" Irwin. It has the old style copper header, but the inlet of the J-pipe fits into the header pipe and will travel about 1". So you are able to play with tuning length without cutting. The Irwin is also a Quiet Pipe........It has an effective silencer built into it.

And the big question.........Which one runs better?? Gonna have to wait 'till spring for the answer. The Irwin was a little over $100 Retail( thats for the complete set-up including mounting hardware) The Aerotech was $115..........I think that was supposed to include mounting hardware, but my supplier forgot to send it.... Anyone know how an aerotech J-pipe is intended to be mounted??

Good luck, let us know what you find out

Bob the Fool :blink:

Last time I spoke to him, Our buddy OB NUT was looking at the same problem.....

Hey Mark!, You figure anything out that you can share with us?

Hey foolwithtools!

thanks for the info it sounds like the Irwin pipe is the better deal, being a quiet pipe is usefull as my local pond is in a residential area, and im trying not to upset to many people! Dose the muffler affect the preformance?

I dont need a pipe just yet but excange rates are good at the moment so it makes sence to buy one soon so mabey i cant wait untill you test and compare your 2 (when is spring there) Its summer here now (New Zealand)

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks Trickey (Shane)

Hey Tricky,

I'm in the Chicago area. The saying goes; "April showers bring May flowers"..........so end of April or early May is "spring " around here.

Most will tell you that a muffler will not change performance. Not having much practicle experiance, I'll have to go with what they say............. I've been asking questions of many people about tuned pipes. there are a few basic steps involved in tuning your tuned pipe................The rest involves prayer, practice, and experiance.......( maybe an investment in a voodoo doll...). I'm not sure if anyone has written the complete book on tuned pipes..........maybe I should ask more questions and start writing down the answers.

I want to know the same tings most boaters want to know...........How to tune your tuned pipe in 3 easy lessons. I'm sure all that there is to know can't be contained in 3 lessons, so my next step is to ask our Fellows what they know.

Best of luck from cold, windy, and soon to be snowy Chicago,

Bob the fool :blink:

Hey Foolwithtools

Thanks for the info do you have contact details for the pipes you have brought (web/email?) address.

Thanks Trickey.

Right now, I'm working on setting up a 13cc with either an Aerotech or Irwin J-pipes. Haven't had a chance to get the boat/motor on the water.. Too many projects at the house is keeping me inside. Now that the temp has dropped, it might be awhile before heading out.

707 is where I got the header from: 707 Give Joe a shout.. He has 11cc pipes, they might work for the 13..

Mark....

OB Nut....

SORRY , IDONT AGREE WITH WHOMEVER TOLD YOU A TUNED PIPE WILL NOT BE BETTER, 25/TO 40 % INCREASE , HMMMM VERY INTERESTING

Hey guys thanks for the input

As for the pipe affecting preformance i was meaning is a open pipe better preforming than a quiet pipe.

Is that Mr Irwin of Irwin pipes?

Just the man i need to talk Too!

Thanks again Trickey (Shane.)

TRICKY ,, YEP YOU GOT HIM , I WOULD APPROCH THE MIXING OF HEADERS WITH PIPES OF DIFFERANT BRANDS OF PIPES. THE LEJUNE HEADER IS SMALLER IN DIA. YOU MAY CHOCK THE 67 DOWN WITH IT , AND YET IT MAY WORK ??

I SEE SOME UP THERE DOES NOT LIKE MY COPPER HEADERS , THERE IS ONE THING THEY WILL DO FOR YOU , SAVE YOU MONEY , IN ALL THE YYRS I HAVE MADE MUFFLERS I HAVE NEVER HAD TO REPLACE A COPPER HEADER FOR ANY REASON ?? WHEN I FIRST STARTED I MADE THEM FROM ALUMINUN, STAINLESS AND THEY ALL CRACKED

Hello Mr Irwin

any advise you can give a newbie is appreciated?

Cheers and Merry Christmas Trickey. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, I need to talk to you about your k&b close out, what's a good time to catch you not too busy?

Mike Byer

336-887-3616 weekdays

Back