.12 prop sizes and applications

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildthing

I recently built a Dumas SK Daddle Too, I dropped in an O.S. CVRX .12 and a Mac pipe. I am running submerged drive and I have tried a few props, X435, Y534, Y531, X431. I still am having a problem getting on the pipe. I'v tried running with the header long and short. The boat is 28" long and turns like a dream.

I'm hoping that someone has tried the .12 submerged set-up on something and could share some of their experience.

if the x431 wont go i dont know what will. how long did you go with your pipe?

Maybe you should try a prop from a similar kit like a kyosho etc. that uses a submerged prop. Don't worry if it is plastic - it should still be O.K

The X series octura's are surface drive prop's.

Hope this helps...

Tim.

Thanks for answering Tom and Tim. I'm using the Mac 1110 pipe uncut and a flexible header that is 4".

With the X431 I have got it to start to get on the pipe with the header pushed right up to the pipe. The water had a small chop so the hull wasn't quite as wet, and this hull does run pretty wet.

My last move was to leave an inch gap from the header to the beginning of the pipe to increase torque and try to come on the pipe earlier. But I haven't hit the water with it yet. Yesterday was rainy and windy.

Well I tried the boat with the 1" gap between the header and the pipe. I also cut down the plastic X431 prop. GOT ON THE PIPE! The prop ended up being 25mm but it is less than sharp and a bit out of balance. So I'll get a B-copper X430 sharpen it up and balance it and see what happens. The boat weighs 3 1/2 pounds and for how old this kit is, it is actually kind of fun to drive. Nothing like my G23 powered 40" mono but still fun.

Tried my B-copper X435 that has been trimmed down to 33mm. The boat flys on a small chop or ripple. Tried it on some smooth water and still have problems getting on the pipe, its suprising how much drag this boat has when the hull stays wet.

Back