• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/8 Scale Miller Lite U7

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want the boat, I'll even offer to pay you more for it. You can have it drop shipped to me or? Are you in Florida (I forget) I'll come pick it up? I was buying the boat for my Son "Logan" as a birthday gift, that's why the frustration.

I play with this stuff for the enjoyment of building, running and simply just hanging out with friends. I avoid stress as much as I can because I know that I will walk away from this hobby faster then you can say “let’s race” if I see stress knocking on the door.
let’s have fun, help each other out when we can and be the best person in the sport that we can be! Cheers!!

Chris is a stand up guy... no two ways about it.

Years back when he was building and selling Hurricane's, I ordered a nice RTR boat from him.
When it arrived, the nose of the hull was crushed in shipment. One phone call... and a replacement hull was at my door in two days.

No "I need the old one back first" .... No "I need to charge you until the other one is sent back"
No" You deal with UPS".... nothing but handling the problem, and taking care of his customer.

I've never forgotten about Chris and the way he took care of me... class act all the way !

Years back when he was building and selling Hurricane's, I ordered a nice RTR boat from him.
When it arrived, the nose of the hull was crushed in shipment. One phone call... and a replacement hull was at my door in two days.

No "I need the old one back first" .... No "I need to charge you until the other one is sent back"
No" You deal with UPS".... nothing but handling the problem, and taking care of his customer.

I've never forgotten about Chris and the way he took care of me... class act all the way !
Thank you for that.

Your situation sounds exactly like a vendor i have dealt with that frequents and sells here on iw. Curious was it a cowling for a tunnelhull?

First off, I totally get your frustration. I told the seller that I would take the boat before you posted anything Tuesday. He was working on the packing/shipping cost and that was the only thing that I was waiting on to send him the money.

The boat was listed on FB market place and that was where I saw it. It wasn’t until Tuesday afternoon that I even saw the boat was listed on IW or anyone’s response to the IW add. I knew that the boat was sold already at that point, “when I saw your first response” but it’s not my place to tell you that I had already told the seller that I would buy the boat.

I don’t think that the seller is an active boater or has been one in a while. I also don’t think that he hangs out on this site much at all. Judging by how much time there was between me telling him that I’ll take it to when he listed it sold on here proved that to me. I really think that it was an honest over site on the seller’s part for not saying that the boat was listed else where.

If this it truly a problem for you, sand me a pm and I’ll contact the seller and we can give him your address and you can pay me the money that I already put out for the boat and he can ship it to you. Like you, I have plenty of boats and need another one like I need a hole in the head. I don’t want you upset with me because I bought something that you wanted, life is to short for all that BS.

Let me know this morning ASAP before the boat gets shipped. I still feel it was no more than an honest mistake on the sellers part but this is about the best I can do. I would like to have it but I’m not going to get upset over a toy one way or the other.

WOW!!! What you did there is absolutely 1000% amazing! I dont know you, and dont know as we'll ever cross paths in the boating community
No, it was a complete Ready to Run Hurricane Mono with a CC modified motor that Chris used to sell. The nose of the hull was crushed in shipment.
Got ya, i wont burn down the vendor on this post, but he sent me a busted cowl, and basically told me to pound sand, and deal with the shipping.

Back to the original topic
I wish there were more boaters like Chris, by this thread, he looks to be 100% a great human being.

WOW!!! What you did there is absolutely 1000% amazing! I dont know you, and dont know as we'll ever cross paths in the boating community

Got ya, i wont burn down the vendor on this post, but he sent me a busted cowl, and basically told me to pound sand, and deal with the shipping.

Back to the original topic
I wish there were more boaters like Chris, by this thread, he looks to be 100% a great human being.
Thank you, I try.

Tom who didn't communicate with you on FB???? I hope you are not referring to me....you are dead wrong if you are..... every comment you had i replied to then you disappeared. This is the boat you asked me about

Attachments

• 20201121_203417.jpg
    20201121_203417.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 80
  • 20201121_203425.jpg
    20201121_203425.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 83
  • 20201121_203655.jpg
    20201121_203655.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • 20201218_100606.jpg
    20201218_100606.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • 20201218_100613.jpg
    20201218_100613.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
Bill, first off, Welcome to the forum.
As for your question, it was, originally anyway, the 7612, Miss Budweiser. Unlike when the boat was first built, the cockpit was in the front, instead of behind the Merlin Engine

Bill, first off, Welcome to the forum.
As for your question, it was, originally anyway, the 7612, Miss Budweiser. Unlike when the boat was first built, the cockpit was in the front, instead of behind the Merlin Engine
Thank You, I don’t know how many times I looked through the list and passed right over it. I was sure this odd gas hull I was gifted would make that boat - so close but not quite!
Thanks so much!

Back