1/8 Am. Miller with Zenoah

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baremorten

I`ve just started to put a Zen into my American Miller 1/8 scale hydro.

Anyone tried this before ? Tips ? Is it overkill ?

Morten from Norway

Last edited by a moderator:
I`ve just started to put a Zen into my American Miller 1/8 scale hydro.Anyone tried this before ? Tips ? Is it overkill ?

Morten from Norway
Hi Morten,

I don't know who manufactured your Miller hull, but I think your Zenoah engine would power your boat just fine. The most obvious problem I see would be the size of the engine. Your scale cowling will either have to be heavily modified (cut-up) or eliminated all together. I would suggest you build or buy a hull designed for a gas engine before you modify your nitro powered 1/8th scale. Hope this helps,

Scott

Thanks Scott, my Am. Miller hull is the Dumas kit.

The length of the hull is 43" and there is not more space than i need,

but the carburetor and header will go inside the cowling because of the scale air outlets on each side.

(have to modify the case of the engine to fit inside)

I will use a modified WTC header and the BH Hansson tp1000 pipe with silencer.

am1.jpg

Try to get the motor as low as possible in the hull, even if it means adding a small (1/4"-1/2" deep) belly pan under the lowest part of the motor. You will still most likely need to notch the deck on the carb side but the cowl in that area should cover it. Be sure to close off the "vents" on that side so you don't get water in the carb. Tuned pipe diameter is going to be a factor to be able to clear the rear radio box, I'd lay the servos on their side to keep box profile as low as possible. Good luck. B)

Try to get the motor as low as possible in the hull, even if it means adding a small (1/4"-1/2" deep) belly pan under the lowest part of the motor. You will still most likely need to notch the deck on the carb side but the cowl in that area should cover it. Be sure to close off the "vents" on that side so you don't get water in the carb. Tuned pipe diameter is going to be a factor to be able to clear the rear radio box, I'd lay the servos on their side to keep box profile as low as possible. Good luck. B)
Thank you :)

Do you have a roule who says how to balance the boat ? like the CG on a monohull.

Thank you :)

Do you have a roule who says how to balance the boat ? like the CG on a monohull.
Try to get your CG as close to the back of the sponsons as possible. Judging by the motor location this may be tough so you will probably need to run a couple degrees of negative strut angle to help push the tail up out of the water.

Back