1/6th Scale Thriftway Too laser cut frame kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
So I had a request a couple months ago to do one of these big 1/6th scale frames for a big electric setup. I put it off and put it off as the bigger and smaller scales are time consuming to draw up. I finally got it done, and got the kit cut for a guy out in california. The kit arrived to me yesterday from my cutter, so I decided to dry fit this thing, lol, needless to say, its size is ridiculous! Yes, that is my 1/8th scale T6 Bud hull laying on top of it. I just had to share it! Mike

DSCF2298.jpg

DSCF2299.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had a request a couple months ago to do one of these big 1/6th scale frames for a big electric setup. I put it off and put it off as the bigger and smaller scales are time consuming to draw up. I finally got it done, and got the kit cut for a guy out in california. The kit arrived to me yesterday from my cutter, so I decided to dry fit this thing, lol, needless to say, its size is ridiculous! Yes, that is my 1/8th scale T6 Bud hull laying on top of it. I just had to share it! Mike

DSCF2298.jpg

DSCF2299.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2300.jpg

That is true, but the group of guys running these is a small group doing it for the fun of it, not to fit into impba or namba. Mike

NAMBA does have a limit on boat size. I think it is 60 inches. I was going to do an 1/8th scale Thriftwat Too and it just barely was within the rules.
Yes the max is 60 inches, But if you make it 1/6.667 and take off the +/- 1.25 inch it becomes 59.95 inches. Just legal.

NAMBA does have a limit on boat size. I think it is 60 inches. I was going to do an 1/8th scale Thriftwat Too and it just barely was within the rules.
Yes the max is 60 inches, But if you make it 1/6.667 and take off the +/- 1.25 inch it becomes 59.95 inches. Just legal.

That is correct and we just had a PNWTA member register that hull in the club... The 1/6.667 is the scale we are using for the "Gas Scale Hydro Class" we are running in the Northwest.....

Back