1/4 Scale Kneeler - Old School

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my latest. It's a 1/4 Scale Kneeler of a '50's style shovelnose outboard hydro. This one's electric. I went with P Spec stuff and a hyperformance bullet drive. It's not done yet. It still needs a driver, an old Merc engine cover as well as some paint and numbers. Enjoy, BRB

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

Bill

Bring it down with some of your other toys to the Emerald RC Boats Emerald Cup this Sunday. I'd love to see it run.

Lohring Miller

Looks very similar to one I've got drawn up for UL-1 power, Don't think I'll ever build it though, we have a couple Kneelers running around here but people went off in different directions for power so I kinda lost interest, would have been fun to have 3 running together, oh well.

Billy the new boat looks good. My brother built one of yalls 1/4 scale kneelers, The Ol' Man and the C, its a blast to drive. Just wondering if yall got any plans for a 1/4 scale runabout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my latest. It's a 1/4 Scale Kneeler of a '50's style shovelnose outboard hydro. This one's electric. I went with P Spec stuff and a hyperformance bullet drive. It's not done yet. It still needs a driver, an old Merc engine cover as well as some paint and numbers. Enjoy, BRB
Nice!!!!!

It looks like a Sid Craft from Patterson NJ or later in the Sid Son line, I did a lot of kneeling back then. I got pretty good with Irish linen also as many times when you blow them over backwords it would blow the fabric of the front deck. My first toy boat was a scaled down design of my Enthrope hull (see avatar) and powered by a K&B 40 inboard. Adjustable air traps, surface drive and steering strut.

Thanks, John

Back