1/10 vintage hydro cowling builders?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkTanski

Looking for a cowling for a 1/10 vintage hydro. Does anybody do such critters out of fiberglass? Hull can still be finished as a number of boats so I'd be interested in just about anything, Wahoo, Shanty etc.

Hugh don't hijack my thread!

Thanks Brian thats the ticket!

Might go for the driver, this isn't a race boat, more of a usable shelf queen. Got bored and went nuts on the hull details, I'd be most unhappy if this one got run over!

Even cut the mahogany veneer to scale ply sizes, decked it with the same pattern used on the Wahoo rebuild.

Cheers

Not trying to hijack Mark but just wanted to tell you since you do have some building skills to look at the vintage finlay plans the have side plans for making the cowls like for the shovels and vintage crafts u-12 bud or a Notre Dame just to name a few.

go to classic thunder and contact Mitch dillard. He has neumerious cowl plugs he can do out of vacuum formed abs plastic

Hugh, I just don't like the looks of the carved cowlings, I want glass or plastic so I can get the original hollow look. Plus if I carved my own plug made a mould and pulled a cowl would take a long time and only get used once. Looking at the big picture it just doesn't make much sense if I can buy it for a reasonable price.

I'll give Classic Thunder a look as well, be ordering this weekend.

Thanks guys

Back