1/10 Scale 8255 1985 Coors Light

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
Built a WOF 8255 1/10 Scale 985 Coors Light for this year's ERCU season. David Newton took these photos. I was making adjustments to the prop thrust angle when it became the Coors "A Little Too" Light. It actually hit and rolled right side up after the splash down. It hit so hard it almost tore the cowling off the cowling framework.
At the first race two weeks ago, I finished all 4 heats. The cowling has been repaired, the prop thrust angle increased, and our next race is this coming Saturday.
JD

Attachments

• CL 4.JPG
    CL 4.JPG
    935.3 KB · Views: 0
  • CL 15.JPG
    CL 15.JPG
    735.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Flip 1.JPG
    Flip 1.JPG
    426.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Flip 2.JPG
    Flip 2.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Flip 3.JPG
    Flip 3.JPG
    698.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Flip 4.JPG
    Flip 4.JPG
    716.1 KB · Views: 0
Jerry,

What propeller helped you accomplish this action?
The Boat Looks Nice. The second picture on the right looks
like Chip is driving it on a cushion of air.

Thanks For The Pictures,

Mark

Dunny,
1/10 scale, what is the length of the hull?
Is the cowling available commercially? Or did you make it also?
Thanks, Rick
The length is 34". The cowling on the Coors Light is one I made from foam and plywood and sealed with West Systems. The exhaust stacks are brass tubing mounted in 1/8" plywood. The center section and after plane are WOF. The sponsons are a combination of frame built and foam. I used a ML Boatworks kit belonging to Mike Hughes for templates.
Mitch Dillard makes an ABS 8255 cowling that I used on the ML Boatworks 8255 kit BOAT that I raced from 2019 to 2023. Last year I ended up second in Season Points in the ERCU Classic Class and never really raced anyone. I just finished heats. I decided to build another 8255 this past winter and the registration for the 1985 Coors Light without a rear wing was available. Everyone agrees the Coors Light with graphics looks better than the plain white BOAT.
JD

The length is 34". The cowling on the Coors Light is one I made from foam and plywood and sealed with West Systems. The exhaust stacks are brass tubing mounted in 1/8" plywood. The center section and after plane are WOF. The sponsons are a combination of frame built and foam. I used a ML Boatworks kit belonging to Mike Hughes for templates.
Mitch Dillard makes an ABS 8255 cowling that I used on the ML Boatworks 8255 kit BOAT that I raced from 2019 to 2023. Last year I ended up second in Season Points in the ERCU Classic Class and never really raced anyone. I just finished heats. I decided to build another 8255 this past winter and the registration for the 1985 Coors Light without a rear wing was available. Everyone agrees the Coors Light with graphics looks better than the plain white BOAT.
JD
Thanks for that info Dunny, much appreciated.
I run a Bob Johnson WOF 8255 1/8 nitro. It started life as the Coors Light and 2 years ago redid the boat as the U100 Miss Rock.
I would like to have little Miss' as in Sport-40 & Sport-20 and a racer here in Florida is developing a glass 8255 gas scale hull...
If I could only hit the lottery....

Back