Pipe clamp on muffled pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I need some type of clamp to hold a 45 muffled pipe. I need to clamp to the wide part of it. Some kind of band clamp maybe. What do you guys recommend.

I make mine out of brass strap that you can find at a hobby shop. Bend it around the pipe and make two tabs which are bent into position to bolt to a bracket. Works good. Make it short enough so that when you bolt it, it clamps tight on the pipe. I will try to post a pic of it after work...

To aviod shipping, you can find the mcmaster clamps shown at ace, home depot & lowes. They work great!

Those have too low of a temp rating. I have melted a few. I found a 2in alum pipe clamp at lowes. I put a nylon spacer between the clamp and mount bracket Nice to actually spend some time working on a boat.

Hey I used carbon seat post clamps for bicycles. Very attractive and you can get them super light and in different sizes. Not cheap though!

I don't know what they're rated at, but i've not had any issues gas or nitro.....been using the for years. But never under a cowl, always out in the open air.

Macmaster carr go to clamps they have a high temp adel clamp ( orange )

Look at post # 4 that's what I call an adel clamp

Back