ML Boatworks GP400V2 eng mnt

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, I will see what Bert can tell me. I am just not sure what the guys are using. If there is a floor mount, that would work fine I suspect, or you can put in your own rail system. Mike

Thanks. I looked at some build photos on here and figured out what was done. Looks easy enough. I would still like to here the reply to your pm.

Ken I think Bert used some L brackets and did a floor mount. I did my mount based of his ML boat.. But I don't have a ML sport 40.

Ken,

I took my mount design from one that I have seen used on Phil Thomas sport 20 hulls and beefed it up for the 45 power. Basically it's the mounting rails and rubber isolators of a Speed Master universal motor mount and then mounted aluminum angles to the bottom of the hull. You can get the rubber isolators from McMaster Carr.

If you need more detail let me know and I will remove the mount and take pictures for you. I did straddle the 1/4 bulkhead with my mount to get the engine where I wanted it.

Hope this helps.

Bert Dygert

GEDC0024.jpg

GP Fuel Tank.2.JPG

100_0694.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing those pics with everyone Bert. It is much appreciated! I know you put in a lot of time getting the motor where you wanted it! Mike

Thanks guys. That;s what I needed and I have the material on hand. S/B pretty easy. This is one reason why I like IW. Guys willing to help.

This is my solution for eng. mnting in the hull. I'm old school and still use solid mnts. This happens to be an old Steve Muck mnt.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Ken,

Are you going to build a front radio box? If you are not i would move the engine further forward. The front radio box helps keep the weight forward of the CG to keeping the hull from blowing off. That's why I move my motor forward and reduced the size of the front radio box.

After the motor the next heaviest weight item in the radio battery. Remember the running hardware is along way in the back on the transom. It' s all about balance.

Keep up the good work.

Bert Dygert

I can still do that. The mnt. isn't glued in yet. I think the cowl is going to limit how much furtherup I can go.

Latest posts

Back