Trying to program an ESC.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OtisHelmke

Afternoon all,

A few months ago I was looking around for an RTR electric just to try one out and compare it to running nitro boats. I ended up buying a Joysway Infinity. I know, I know, I didn't research enough, liked the price and package so I went with it. Actually it is pretty decent, handles well and fun to drive. After reading what passed for directions I made sure I had correct batteries in it and off to the pond. As soon as I got to maybe 2/3 throttle it just stopped. Releasing the throttle and starting again re-set it but it would only run at less than full. A little more research led me to better intructions to another Joysway boat that told me how to program the ESC. I didn't even know they had to be programmed. Followed the procedure and now the throttle works from full low but still cuts out at 2/3. Now I have to push the throttle to full low to get it to re-set. Batteries are good and fully charged so I'm looking at replacing the ESC with something I already have. Is this a common problem with this product line? Am I just missing something? It's fun to run but if I have to install a new power system to make it work why bother with RTR? Thanks for any insight.

Rick H.

Dont give up just yet. Esc,s are a funny thing sometimes. Your symptoms could be from a couple of things. If you could post the make of the esc it would help. It could be that the trim setting wasnt right when it was first armed so its only set up for 2/3 throttle.But it sounds more like a LVC setting.If the esc has low volt protection and it is set too high that can happen.(even a full charged battery will dip under heavy loads). The third (and less likely) is over temp cutoff. Is it getting water through the esc. If not it wont take long when first trying to get the boat going and on plane, to heat things up. Without knowing the brand of esc its hard to offer specifics because every make has different procedures for arming etc.

Afternoon all,

A few months ago I was looking around for an RTR electric just to try one out and compare it to running nitro boats. I ended up buying a Joysway Infinity. I know, I know, I didn't research enough, liked the price and package so I went with it. Actually it is pretty decent, handles well and fun to drive. After reading what passed for directions I made sure I had correct batteries in it and off to the pond. As soon as I got to maybe 2/3 throttle it just stopped. Releasing the throttle and starting again re-set it but it would only run at less than full. A little more research led me to better intructions to another Joysway boat that told me how to program the ESC. I didn't even know they had to be programmed. Followed the procedure and now the throttle works from full low but still cuts out at 2/3. Now I have to push the throttle to full low to get it to re-set. Batteries are good and fully charged so I'm looking at replacing the ESC with something I already have. Is this a common problem with this product line? Am I just missing something? It's fun to run but if I have to install a new power system to make it work why bother with RTR? Thanks for any insight.

Rick H.
I have same issue with a Joysway Blue Maina Tunnel Boat .

Back