ML Boatworks GSX380 Sport 40 38" prototype build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I finally finished up a rash of customers builds last month and decided to make some headway on a new prototype sport 40 hull I have been working on over the last 6 months. This is the prototype of the FE version, and a nitro version has been designed as well. I already have some small changes to the FE kit I will be doing, and a few larger changes to the nitro design will be done soon before I feel its ready to push forward. Anthony Marquart has done some really cool driveline changes in 3d with the nitro center that will be incorporated as soon as I have time to sit down and make them. He also did a cowling in 3d which I will most likely have cut via CNC in the near future. For now, I made a quick cowling plug and mold to test this hull with. The FE vs. Nitro versions have specifically placed engine rails and crossmembers so the engine and/or motor/batteries are in optimal position. This kit also incorporates a truss system center section framing like the GSX480 gas sport, allowing for a much wider engine well opening, and weight reduction, but an extremely strong core. The sponsons are also a totally new design vs the GP/SX sport hydros currently offered. The ride surface is closer to the GSX480 gas sport, and the dowel rod support system forces the sponson to center bond to be only at a 90 degree angle to each other. No more second guessing if you have joined the sponsons to the center correctly! The front ram entrance of the center section is now a solid half cut dowel rod instead of layered ply, making its installation a breeze. This hull is 38" in length and seems like it will be very light weight once complete.

While the GP and SX sport 40 hulls have been doing really really well in the racing world, I am always looking to do something new and hopefully better. I am really pleased with how this hull is coming along, and it looks really really good! If it works out, a 31" sport 20 has already been designed and ready to get cut and test. Here are some pics as I have moved along with the build. Mike Luszcz, ML Boatworks

gsx380sponsons-page-001_zps41723f7b.jpg

gsx380sponsons4-page-001_zpsb3a121ab.jpg

20140724_125415_zps433dcd7e.jpg

20140724_125436_zps4bdf1b60.jpg

20141108_173054_zps0e327fab.jpg

20141108_183153_zpsf3734569.jpg

Thats Bradley. I told you and Curtis that you guys would like this model! I can't wait to get it in the water. Talk soon, Mike

MIke it looks awaesome and ifit is like your other designs will be a rocket ship that handles all types of water conditions. Cant wait to get one looking forward to Q hydro. Keep me posted. Jerry

Mike,

I plan to start my nitro version very soon.

Is the cowl you have shown gelcoated fiberglass???

Regards,

Bert Dygert

Latest posts

Back