As a member for 48 years I held several offices in NAMBA:
National Awards & Records Chair, Nationals contest director for two successful contests
Nitro and gas, and two fast electric.
The exciting changes in the last several years have been a step in the right direction.
Years ago I pushed for online voting, online member and club registration, and local
clubs linked to NAMBA website.
As I see it our biggest current challenge is communication and transparency,
We have the technology to resolve this by having video chats with our members.
I also plan on having monthly video chats with our board members.
Things I see to focus on:
- Growth of our organization with advertisement
- Promotion of our organization with advertisement
- Expansion in running sites - support with funds to districts needing new sites
- Leverage of membership population to create more benefits for members
- Elevation of hobby/sport in public’s perception from a small mom and pop hobby.
- Alignment with what is raced and what is sold in the hobby shops, like cars and helicopters.
- Generate more revenue for the organization by creating products and services
the membership would be interested in purchasing
(ie. hotel and campground discount cards, fuel discounts, glow plug discounts)
Let’s move on with new innovative ideas by not following the old.
I see my responsibility as president to listen and follow through as needed.
Together we can make this a very competitive organization, with a family atmosphere.
I would appreciate your vote this election.
If you agree with this please send it on to your NAMBA friends
Thank You, Dave Bestpitch