Help Support IntlWaters by donating using the link above.
Photo

98-00 Miss Madison Newton Plans

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Glenn 787

Glenn 787

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

Agreed, Id give more credibility to built and tested. Get something on the water and report your results. Things you tried that worked and didnt.
In all the years Ive tuned in to see whats going on in the WA scale scene Ive yet to see your name. With all this knowledge you shouldve been out there mixing it by now. Time to stop with the excuses why you havent. Go have some fun and show your stuff.

#32 Samuel Hagan JR

Samuel Hagan JR

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

I've ran Center and 1/4" offset from center and really couldn't tell a difference. Only difference I've seen is the angle the strut pointed towards the left Sponson about 1 degree.

beyond certain weight, it becomes irrelevant

True. after the ones I've built and ran I just find it easier to do center line of hull. My new Scale
Is gonna be center line of hull. Waiting on cowling for motor position.

#33 Samuel Hagan JR

Samuel Hagan JR

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

Tom your building the Madison right. The pictures of the hull don't look offset.

#34 Hydro Junkie

Hydro Junkie

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

I take it you guys have never seen the toy grade boats that use twin props and no rudder to turn?  Shut off one prop and the boat turns to that side, something called asymmetrical thrust.  This is well known in the science world.  

Lennard, I don't give you any credence either, considering how much help you asked from me when you were building your American Spirit, that is before I learned you were playing "HE SAID SHE SAID" and quit helping you

#35 tom galdys

tom galdys

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Sam, I'm using the Newton Plans and I ordered the framing kit from MLboatworks. Both are offset.

#36 Hydro Junkie

Hydro Junkie

World Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:59 AM

Both are offset but the plans don't say anything about where the prop has to go, just where the hull and engine bay centerlines are.  I did a lot of research on the Madison when I started working on one many years back.  IIRC, the engine bay and cockpit are offset but the strut and prop are right on the centerline.  I'll have to do some looking tomorrow and see if I can find my measurements I took off the full sized boat

#37 tom galdys

tom galdys

National Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

Thank you Mark