Zippkits Gas Envy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom David

Supporting Member
I am almost finished with a new project I am working on.
Joe and I are designing a new Envy with a few upgrades.
Will start testing in Evansville next week.
Stay tuned....

Attachments

• 7C147C94-8874-4FE8-B552-89B663C1407A.jpeg
    7C147C94-8874-4FE8-B552-89B663C1407A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 201
  • 43D6E097-F2CE-4F06-8C07-18CE6A4E4154.jpeg
    43D6E097-F2CE-4F06-8C07-18CE6A4E4154.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Show some more pics Tom, with a stock 26 Zenoah start with a 2716/2 and go up from there, you may even go to a 2819/2. If using a big block? start with the 2819/2 and go up, even up to a 7016/2. Would be awesome to see some test videos. Rip-up that Evansville Pond, Tom, Good Luck !!

Hello John,

Thanks on your thoughts with props for this set up. At this time I have been able to purchase a 2717-19-38 and a 2719-19-38. I will be expanding my option of props as fast as I can. I will be posting some vids soon.

Tom David

Hot, Hot, Hot, wow that is totally awesome Tom, and looks like it will Rock the Pond, Good Luck Testing !!

Hi Tom, did put-in ang Dihedral on the left sponson ride pad ?
No-not at this time.
We are testing at the lake.
Making a few changes and then plan to test again next week.
This process is what it’s all about...
test....test....test....and test again.
The kit won’t go out until I see the performance I am looking for. 👍

Tom David

Tom , just caught this on IW'S DashBoard home page, sweet, this shingle thing much be cashing on.
ENVY06.jpg

Thanks John, for the info, for being over ten years ago, that was out of the box thinking on the sponsons shingles design and surprised we have not seen more of this type of sponsons. I got to see a 1/8 Scale Miss T-Plus designed and developed by Bert D. (can't recall the last name, well known) out of Michigan and said he has worked on the design for 7 years I was totally impressed with his Miss T-Plus with the shingles on the sponson ride pads being on an angle. that was a beautiful Scale and it hulled the mail. See if I can post a pic !!
T-PLUS 01.jpg

Thanks John, for the info, for being over ten years ago, that was out of the box thinking on the sponsons shingles design and surprised we have not seen more of this type of sponsons. I got to see a 1/8 Scale Miss T-Plus designed and developed by Bert D. (can't recall the last name, well known) out of Michigan and said he has worked on the design for 7 years I was totally impressed with his Miss T-Plus with the shingles on the sponson ride pads being on an angle. that was a beautiful Scale and it hulled the mail. See if I can post a pic !!
View attachment 285047
Yup, that’s Bert Dygert. He does beautiful glass and carbon work.

Yes !!! that's the last name, did not want to butcher up the name. He is a real nice gentlemen and easy to take too, Thanks John.

I need to hit the refresh button on this thread and share a few thoughts on where I am at on this project.
Several years ago a group of very experienced RC boaters started talking about a design that might spark an interest in promoting our hobby. It was a outrigger kit that used flat running surfaces with a ski.
It was designed to be a easy kit to build and could be powered by a small glow engine.
They drew a design, built and tested the outrigger with great results. It was then decided to draw the plans and offer it to the boating community for FREE!
Next thing we see...boaters are setting time records with it.
They named it a JAE
Yes, there has been small mods made here and there, but let’s not forget it’s original concept.
A straight forward simple boat to build that was inexpensive.
Latter, a boater asked the group if he could offer a laser cut kit of this design at a reasonable price and sell it to the boating community.
Zippkits has expanded the JAE design with many kits offered today.
One of them is a gas outrigger JAE design called the Envy.
I decided to work with Joe and start fine tuning the Envy.
So as I progress with the testing, I am planning on sharing a few vids during the process.
I just want to remind everyone this is a JAE.
Joe wants to keep the tradition with this boat alive. A simple easy to build reliable outrigger.
I have been testing at the lake and have made several changes during this process.
Last week one of my changes resulted in a promising effect on dealing with prop walk.
I will be at lake later next week with my camera person and will try and post some vids.

Happy Boating,
Tommy David

Last edited:
That's good new Tom, hope it all works out. The "ENVY" has always been my favorite hull to build and can't wait for it to get on the market. Thank you, for the commitment on working on the "ENVY" !!!

Back