ZIPP Kit Illusion Gas OB Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious if anyone has run one of these hulls with a 26cc on it, if so what is the assesment of how it handles and performs? I think there were two versions, and early and a final, if so which did/do you have observations on to share? How well or poorly do they turn? Thanks, James Beasley

Curious if anyone has run one of these hulls with a 26cc on it, if so what is the assesment of how it handles and performs? I think there were two versions, and early and a final, if so which did/do you have observations on to share? How well or poorly do they turn? Thanks, James Beasley
james ill be able to tell you when the water thaws, i have one im working on right now..mine is the final version and i was sent some replacement parts that i guess made them even better, joe makes a great product adn i think they are way too cheap..holy cow are these big..lol got my drive coming and my motor and pipe are here and just getting going on this, gonna sell off some of my other hulls and motors like my 7.5 tunnel stuff so i can build another one or a tboat..not sure

tk

Last edited by a moderator:
James,

I ran the orginal at the 08 Tunnels. Due to motor issues, the boat never had a chance. Do believe that boat did not turn well. The newer version is a better kit. I haven't finished mine either. It should be done by next season. The vid I saw at this years Toledo show had about 30 secs of the new boat running. It turns so much better than the first.

Hope to be at the 10 Tunnels to run the boat. Motor has been reworked with a Hot Pipe.

James,

I ran the orginal at the 08 Tunnels. Due to motor issues, the boat never had a chance. Do believe that boat did not turn well. The newer version is a better kit. I haven't finished mine either. It should be done by next season. The vid I saw at this years Toledo show had about 30 secs of the new boat running. It turns so much better than the first.

Hope to be at the 10 Tunnels to run the boat. Motor has been reworked with a Hot Pipe.
Was your boat yellow or natural? If so I remember it. I was hoping someone else with some significant run time on one would share details with us. Thanks, James

james ill be able to tell you when the water thaws, i have one im working on right now..mine is the final version and i was sent some replacement parts that i guess made them even better, joe makes a great product adn i think they are way too cheap..holy cow are these big..lol got my drive coming and my motor and pipe are here and just getting going on this, gonna sell off some of my other hulls and motors like my 7.5 tunnel stuff so i can build another one or a tboat..not sure

tk
PM me what 7.5 stuuf you are turing loose. A Warhead or Shaman would look nice in my stable! James

James do you really think it will help. :lol: :lol: :lol:

James do you really think it will help. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I might strap two 7.5s on my gas ob for extra mph!!!!!

James do you really think it will help.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I might strap two 7.5s on my gas ob for extra mph!!!!!
im getting a full mod toxic motor for mine.. should perform good id think?

tk

Sounds good maybe next club meating we can hook up and get it done.
sounds good if my new motor makes it here.. it is coming from norway..did a little trading for this one, new motor for new one. looking forward to it bruce..later

tk

Had a chance to run the Tunnel last weekend. We took it down to the pond

and gave it it's first run.

Little bit about the boat:

Zipp Kit Hull

S-254 mod. by Viper racing Engine

Lawless Outdrive

6717-3 S,B&P prop

ride and speed where good for the first time out. No bad habits. Ran straight and no problems in the turns.WOW, talk about had a blast. Runs just like the Champ Boats.

Nose up in the straights and drop the bow in the corners.

I've been running boats since 84 and never,never had this much fun.

The boat is just awesome. First we threw it in with the outdrive set at

neutral. Ran well,but porpoised abit.

Second run,set the trim 1 deg. positive. it picked the nose up very little,from

the first run,but didn't porpois anymore. We got to the water about 4 o-clock

and I didn't much time to try any more adjustments so I just went ahead and ran

a hole buch of laps just to have some fun. The boat is just a blast to run.

Can't wait to get to the pond earlier and do some more testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good maybe next club meating we can hook up and get it done.
sounds good if my new motor makes it here.. it is coming from norway..did a little trading for this one, new motor for new one. looking forward to it bruce..later

tk
HI Terry hows it going just ordered the g-morty lower end unit looks pretty cool send pics when I get it

Zipp Kit Hull

Lawless Outdrive

6717-3 S,B&P prop

ride and speed where good for the first time out. No bad habits. Ran straight and no problems in the turns.WOW, talk about had a blast. Runs just like the Champ Boats.

Thanks Nathan for the great report on this hull. Is it the first or second version of the hull? James

Second version.

James, no stumble blocks as of yet. Today was the second time running it.

So far so good. Ran real well today,speed was good and so was the way it handled.

Got about 10 laps in and the alum. throttle bracket broke. Need to fix that and hopefully

I'll get to do more running and testing Wends. or Thurs.

Zipp Kit Hull

Lawless Outdrive

6717-3 S,B&P prop

Thanks Nathan for the great report on this hull. Is it the first or second version of the hull? James

Thanks for all the input makes me wish there was no ice here! Keep posting all your good and bad problems.

Seems like the illusion is a rather short boat for a gas engine, and for a g morty lower for that matter as they are heavy. What kind of top speeds are these doing? Must not be to terribly fast as the size screams blowoff, or huge IV bags up front!

Back