Zipp 30" tunnel update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded the pdf instruct for my build. Page 21 has a decent picture of the angle. I had the same question as I was assembling mine.

Thanks very much....that is a good pic alright....and it about 17°angle...according to my bad eye and angle finder....time to get back to work...thanks very much...

Seal that thing up and bring it by. We can pull a mold of it. Then I can lay up a light fiberglass one for ya.
Mike

Hello everyone...
I must say that this is a very stress free kit...im about 4hrs into the build and had only one question about the sponson angle....other than that...its a snap....ready for the second seal coat then button up the center section and seal the sponsons....i spent more time just double checking the instructions....oh...and I never used a hot foam cutter .... The Zippkits foam cutter is very simple and perfect for the task at hand...i also like the flexibility to move around on the build...i can multitask the build to keep things moving.....looking to order a second kit as soon as possible....

I just finished sealing the center section and will be starting the sponsons. So far very easy, just following the directions.

soooo, when will we see one of those car motor setups on the lawless bolted to one of these beasts? :)
Whenever Fred finds time to get the outdrives done. Still waiting. I've just reached the point of the build to where I need the outdrive to continue on.

I had a chance to run my production boat Yesterday. I am running a O.S. stock motor with a 1440. After a little tuning it ran really well. I only ran it twice in open water and tweaked on it through the day. I will have to measure where the C.G. and prop height ended up.
To anyone building one just follow Joe's instructions. The boat is very easy to build. If you do run across anything that you are not sure about, I would be happy to answer any questions.

Managed to get the sponsons attached to the center section and start on the cowling. The outside edges of the foam will be rounded and a canopy attached to the cowling.

JD
dang. i watched a couple utube vids of an unboxing and start build of this boat and my first thought was -that radio box will get cut half height and a cowl that starts in the same place but will be a near straight line to the flywheel will be my customization . then i see ur pics.... nice!

If any of you remember this all started it was an effort to introduce RC boating to anyone interested......

When I started this thread five months ago I knew ,if it followed the path of most extended threads on IW do....it would take off in all

different directions and the promotion of RC boating would cease to exist....Well this thread didn't disappoint me....it followed true to

form.....I didn't know I copied the boats design from anyone but thanks for letting me know I did that....I didn't realize I had plagiarized the boats design from anyone...

For anybody that is interested here is the complete set of building instructions from Zippkits listed on their website for all to read....

https://zippkits.com/g30.pdf

As you might recall this effort all started with the introduction with the RC car motor adapter to a outboard lower unit.....
The original mission of the G-30 and nitro outboard adapter was to introduce the the hobby of RC boating to to the masses at a reasonable entry cost,not just for the racers.....The G-30 effort primary focus was not the racer.....
Now to getting back on the point of this thread.......
The first release of 50 boats of the G-30 has included shipments to Portugal,Finland,Germany Puerto Rico Australia and Bermuda.....It is obvious that the interest in the $99.00 G-30 + foam bow is promoting the hobby of RC boating everywhere....not just RC boat "racing" in North America..... There are several names in this thread that are not recognized as racers so the G-30's mission is coming to fruition.....

I made this comment in post #111 on 3-17-2021..........

"Will this boat morph over time?...absolutely it will".......I am now confident the G-30 basic platform is solid...
Build it, enjoy it and have some fun with it....

Mike Walker has [5] of the new G-30 tunnel on the building table as we speak so there are people that are tempted to try RC boating at

something less than $1000.00 to participate in the hobby......
Thanks to all for your patience.....This has been an ordeal.....
We still have some things we want to try and test so the JAE team ain't done yet...hahaha

Last edited:
Back