Zipp 30 motor recommendations

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan haley

Building the zipp 30 have a flycolor 150 want to run on 6s not gonna race just for fun so time and lap limitations isn't a issue .anybody got recos I'm using the k&b lower and have no prop ideas yet which would help also thanks

I guess you run that TP on 4S with a 1950kv spec?

For fun boating, you could have selected 6S with lower kV e.g. 1600kV. Higher voltage and lower kV motor is a more efficient setup: lower Amp draw.
But 1950kV on 4S will work great as well! This hull is basically designed for a 4S setup. I just want to share the 6S alternative, because 6S does not necessarily mean too much power if you select the proper motor.

On 4S with your 3630 1950 will work very well with an M445 or ABC 1714-1715. X642 also. I cut down a bit of diameter on 45mm props to keep the heat down as you have more than enough blade aea to carry the boat. 6S with a KV in the 1400-1600 range will work but overpowering will result in blowovers and damage somewhere down the line.
Mic

I guess you run that TP on 4S with a 1950kv spec?

For fun boating, you could have selected 6S with lower kV e.g. 1600kV. Higher voltage and lower kV motor is a more efficient setup: lower Amp draw.
But 1950kV on 4S will work great as well! This hull is basically designed for a 4S setup. I just want to share the 6S alternative, because 6S does not necessarily mean too much power if you select the proper motor.
Yea will go 4s thanks

On 4S with your 3630 1950 will work very well with an M445 or ABC 1714-1715. X642 also. I cut down a bit of diameter on 45mm props to keep the heat down as you have more than enough blade aea to carry the boat. 6S with a KV in the 1400-1600 range will work but overpowering will result in blowovers and damage somewhere down the line.
Mic
Thanks for the advice

Mic
Yes sir got a 445 that's gonna go on ....are you talking about a de tongue prop cutting it down mine is

The M series has a reduced leading edge. (detounge) I am generally more concerned with diameter.

I would suggest that you check the diameter of the prop for clearance on the cavitation plate. I am not sure about the K&B drives. But 42mm is about the limit on a Lawless drive unless you have an offset plate.

Back