zenoah starting nose cone

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick lindow

I am looking for a zen. allum. starting nose cone for my gas tunnel build , is anybody out there building them? thanks, Rick Lindow

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the thoughts on this topic, I have sent ron a pm, thanks Dion S. Rick R. let me check with ron shaw to see if a store bought is availible! I will contact you with the info you asked for to do the job if my hunt falls short for the store bought version! Bob all I have on hand is the rossi 21 but its to large because the area to be tapped is where the collet goes, the taper is to large but thanks for the input, good idea the K&B may be smaller! the nose cone actually threads on to the threads that your recoil assembly attatches to and holds your flywheel on, about 3/8" worth of threads not much! ANY INPUT WELCOME, AND I WILL POST WHAT I FIND OUT !!! Thanks Rick Lindow.

Rick,

Here is a copy of the PM I sent:

RonShaw said:
Rick,That is what I use. I suggested this to everyone a couple of years ago when I was building my gas tunnel. They make a dubro prop nut cone threaded with the right mm size and thread to fit the Zenoah. I posted a link below but you need to verify the threaded size and thread to fit the Zenoah shaft. I then flip the nose cone silicone insert over to have the small hole, and it starts my gas outboard perfectly. I just created a new website as I am going to start creating rc boat websites for different clubs, manufacturers, and resellers. Go to www.rcboatwebsites.com and zoom in on the motor on my GS480 and you will see how it looks. https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=Cr7FIKOADUqqIKMSa6wGT-ICIDNa2x-sDpszdvR3u-5qvSAgJEAEg3s3PHigDUP3f9cH8_____wFgyb6ojeyktBGgAZuSh_8DyAEHqgQmT9C5u7a6atp74CBUNU7gIGLguhlgt8XLVQiRdrLvA-u2GF9x87XABQWgBibYBgSAB83teOASsNG9oOX38Z3mAQ&sig=AOD64_0zlMZOHCbAAD1SdLdR1UMXqrVdYw&ctype=5&ved=0CC0Q9gIwAA&adurl=http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp%3FProductCode%3DDUB765%26click%3D109537%26gdftrk%3DgdfV23720_a_7c1734_a_7c7524_a_7cDUB765

Ron, thanks for the info, that is what I needed, I saved the web info very helpful!!! Brad, those are cool looking, the shape looks right! I also saved retallic eng. to my favorites! thanks to both of you for the feed back, Rick Lindow

If I remember correctly I got my starter cone for my gas tunnel from Fred Howe from lawless ask him he might still be making them.

Julian

Jullian, looks like I have a couple of options now. You know Kim and I have learned so much in the last four years being introduced to Intlwaters and using all of the sites and the links provided on its sites, cant say enough, really good tools! We started running RC Boats in 1981 thanks to (Jerry Dunlap, Steve Muck) Now to ( METIME LIVE Races in the recent past, Folks like Ron Shaw starting up new web pages for more info, Fred Howe, Joe Warren, Ralph Almirola, Steve Wood, Chris Wood , Stu Barr ,Glen Quarles , Andy Brown , Mark Sholund , Ect.)! The List just goes on and on, My point is, thanks to all of you good people for making this hobby what it is today, Questions, Answers, Supplys, Hand Made goods and Manufactured goods! WOW, Just thought it needed to be said! "THIS IS HEAVEN" for me. Thanks for the lead-in Julian and the info!

Back