Zenoah outboard or K&B 13.3CC - Zippkits Illusion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilSharman

Hi Guys,

Looking for some feedback on which engine to go with...a Zen outboard or a K&B 13.3CC.

Is there anyone that has had experience with both engines that could give me some comparison in relationt o power and performace. I am not too worried about parts for the k&b, I have access to 3 complete engines if and when I want them, so really looking to see what you guys think about which would be the faster boat.

What about twin 13.3cc's? Still lighter than one zenoah?

Neil

The 13cc K&B will be faster,but will cost more(fuel and glowplugs) to operate. The zenoah will cost more initially,but will be cheaper to operate.

Can you even get parts readily available from K/B, if not I would go with a Zenoah patrs are off the self all over the place.

Beau

he had said parts wasnt a issue....i would run the k&b,,it will be lighter,,,faster,,easier to set up...

alden

he had said parts wasnt a issue....i would run the k&b,,it will be lighter,,,faster,,easier to set up...

alden
Thanks guys, yeah I have three complete engines, one is brand new, and I have two spare sets of piston and liners, so should be fine for parts for a while.

I am going to with the k&b's and will be looking at a twin set up on a zippkits illusion tunnel....first every outboard build, so into the deep end straight away.

Now if you could get your hands on a cmb 91 and make that fit on the K&B leg. Man that would make a monstor.

Cobus

Now if you could get your hands on a cmb 91 and make that fit on the K&B leg. Man that would make a monstor.

Cobus
I have thought about that. The carb would be bolt up right, which would require some sort of splash plate. obviously the bolt patern will be different, but a spacer to accomodate a flex hex and CMB bolt pattern wouldnt be too hard.

The only prob I see with that would bt the pipe and head. Not sure anyone makes a 15cc outboard pipe.

Only drama I see is with the 3/16th shaft...thje .82 already eats cables, you'd need a really good gravity fed oiling system and a tough cable.

Cobus
I have thought about that. The carb would be bolt up right, which would require some sort of splash plate. obviously the bolt patern will be different, but a spacer to accomodate a flex hex and CMB bolt pattern wouldnt be too hard.

The only prob I see with that would bt the pipe and head. Not sure anyone makes a 15cc outboard pipe.

Only drama I see is with the 3/16th shaft...thje .82 already eats cables, you'd need a really good gravity fed oiling system and a tough cable.
A gas motor will outlast a nitro if taken care of. Longevity is a selling point for a gas motor. Nitro is 30 bucks a gallon gasoline is 2.67 a gallon. Food for thought

Well you will have to use the lawless gas lower unit not a K&B that's for starters.

But it will work you can also talk to mark hopper we use 67 size pipes for our 80 size engines so it would not be a issue use a 67 size tuned pipe available from htbboats here on IW.

And ge can give you pointers on props.

My E/F tunnel uses a CMB (Ernie) .67 Mod engine on K&B but for a 80 size you will have to use a lawless gas drive.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you will have to use the lawless gas lower unit not a K&B that's for starters.

But it will work you can also talk to mark hopper we use 67 size pipes for our 80 size engines so it would not be a issue use a 67 size tuned pipe available from htbboats here on IW.

And ge can give you pointers on props.

My E/F tunnel uses a CMB (Ernie) .67 Mod engine on K&B but for a 80 size you will have to use a lawless gas drive.

Julian
my mac 84 is on a 7.5 lawless

thats pretty awesome please post pictures of it here.. have you had problems with flexshafts ????

But a 90 size engine i think thats too much for a K&B 7.5cc flexshaft thats what i meant rumrunner

thats my set up of the engine and pictures of the boat running also attached

Last edited by a moderator:
Back