Zenoah Glow fuel eng?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I had a discussion with QD on converting their motors over to methanol. Mitch and Todd mentioned compared to gas and oil, methanol and oil had a much greater cooling and lubrication effect on the big end. Makes sense are you almost doubling the fuel flow using methanol compared to gas and methanol's vaporization takes away a lot more heat. I bought a special carb with bored out jets to increase flow, unfortunately it's still sitting in the bag and never got around to testing it.

Attachments

• IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    816.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
I've never heard of a wrist pin bearing failure. Jim Allen advocated replacing it with a bushing to save weight. I'm not sure he ever tried it on his Quickdraw, but he did run a bushed big end on his nitro engines.

Lohring Miller

o yea the guy that makes those says he makes EVERYTHING . he had youtube vids. few years back i got pics of an engine he was building . piston/liner like that,rotor ,the works. may still have em somewhere...
pretty sure thats the 1

Attachments

• disk-gas1.jpg
    disk-gas1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 42
  • disk-gas2.jpg
    disk-gas2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 44
  • disk-gas3.jpg
    disk-gas3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 46
  • disk-gas4.jpg
    disk-gas4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 46
  • disk-gas6.jpg
    disk-gas6.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 48
  • disk-gas7.jpg
    disk-gas7.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 48
  • disk-gas5.jpg
    disk-gas5.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 45
  • disk-gas8.jpg
    disk-gas8.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 45
o yea the guy that makes those says he makes EVERYTHING . he had youtube vids. few years back i got pics of an engine he was building . piston/liner like that,rotor ,the works. may still have em somewhere...
pretty sure thats the 1
I remember that engine now that you posted it.
Is it the same guy?
I talked with him about making some pistons for my IR .21 eng a few months ago on his face book account..
He said he can make any thing if he gets the time.
Has really nice looking 1.01 pistons.
The only draw back is the $ of the piston and liner.
Trying to keep this build as coast effective as I can.
The one advantage is it will no wear out like a tapper liner.
Just a ring change as long as it dose not blow up or melt down........LOL

im pretty sure.only disk engine pics i had in my archives besides the rcmk that never hit the market . ive gotta look to see if i can find the youtube page. i do have him on fbook. i still have the thread where we where talking about cmb and k piston/liners.
yup he said he can make anything that u give him

You know if you have the $$$$ you can get any thing you want.
The whole reason for this build is to make as much power as I can for the least amount of that $$$$$$
Will most likely just go with the stock TK liner and do the mods to that.

Her is the big carb I made and some OPS .90 manifolds that will bolt right on.

1620851156085.png
I like the RCMK R254 piston with out the air holes.
It has a nice machined top on it not the as cast like most do.
It is also a blank plate to start off with to do mods on.
1620851187102.png
Also ordered the TK high performance top end upgrade kit.
Was the last one any body had in stock any where.
1620851633109.png
I am going on Vacation to trout fish in Colorado for a week.
When I come back should have every thing I need to get going with the build up.

That explains a lot.......:)

Also I heard that there are grizzly bears in Colorado, since you are not familiar with grizzly bears in Florida....the best way to stop a grizzly attack is to throw poop in his face. Do not worry about where to get it, just reach behind you, it will be there......:)

That explains a lot.......:)

Also I heard that there are grizzly bears in Colorado, since you are not familiar with grizzly bears in Florida....the best way to stop a grizzly attack is to throw poop in his face. Do not worry about where to get it, just reach behind you, it will be there......:)
Charles,

Naaah... Just lie down and play dead until you don't have to fake it anymore.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Sorry guys I have bear spray and .44 mag no need to take your shitty advice........😁
Bin in the High Sierras in California, Wyoming High country and Montana Hight country Trout fishing.
Not my first time in bear country.
The most scared ever was when I came around the corner in Yellowstone on the trail and was face to face with a BIG Bison.
He was so close I could feel his breath when he snorted at me.
So snort all you want It dose not bother me.........LOL

Last edited:
Well I made it threw hells gate on the road to the continental divide at mount Masive and did not have to pull my piece. Will hammer the toilet bowl tomorrow for the BIG one. Gave it a dry run to day and pulled the hook on a few BIG ONES.
Ray I may just get world recognition if all goes well.......LOL

Attachments

• 20210516_094347.jpg
    20210516_094347.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
OK I am back to reality.........
I concurred the toilet bowl and slam the hell out of the trout on the fly rod.
O and Fremont street in Las Vegas is the last bastion of hell on earth........LOL
1621898670856.png
Here is the eng long block mock up.
1621898722266.png
It fits in the Zeagle....................................
1621898769409.png
Will make the mount next.
I will have to cut the cowl and just use the front half to cover the carb.

OK I am back to reality.........
I concurred the toilet bowl and slam the hell out of the trout on the fly rod.
O and Fremont street in Las Vegas is the last bastion of hell on earth........LOL
View attachment 291262
Here is the eng long block mock up.
View attachment 291263
It fits in the Zeagle....................................
View attachment 291264
Will make the mount next.
I will have to cut the cowl and just use the front half to cover the carb.
You're going to need a bigger fuel tank David,,hehe,,that thing is going to eat nitro lol,,So what's the plans with head chamber,,follow the exact radius of the piston dome to get the perfect squish and sq velocity with min clearance ?or a tighter clearance at circumference increasing towards bowl,like the taper we use with flat top ,,nice work ,,I cant wait for some good results,,cheers

You're going to need a bigger fuel tank David,,hehe,,that thing is going to eat nitro lol,,So what's the plans with head chamber,,follow the exact radius of the piston dome to get the perfect squish and sq velocity with min clearance ?or a tighter clearance at circumference increasing towards bowl,like the taper we use with flat top ,,nice work ,,I cant wait for some good results,,cheers
The boat can hold 32oz hard tank.
Only planning on using lower nitro amounts not going to try any thing above 15%.
Will make my own head for it.
I have to get a piston from CNC Piston for Tiger King 27 EVO RC Engines Rear exhaust
Will see when I get one what I will do with the head.

Latest posts

Back