Zenoah Glow fuel eng?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

I picked this up from Graves R/C in Orlando today. NOS bin sitting on the self for years.
$150 out the door it went with me.
Needless to say it is going in a Rigger.
WT499 carb and adapter for a standard long reach glow plug.
Looks original with all the paper work in the box muffler and throttle linkage.
SO hear we go Low nitro hear I come...........LOL

1618430935479.png
1618430960355.png

I think I might have a stock 23PUM jug for that thing. I came across one the other day looking for something else. You want it? What you plans with that gasser?
Mike

I think I might have a stock 23PUM jug for that thing. I came across one the other day looking for something else. You want it? What you plans with that gasser?
Mike
YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
Is it the 2 port cylinder? That is what I need for testing.
Going to get a single ring piston to start.
Cut all the excess casings off.
Make a mount and stick it in the Zegal to test.
The Fireball glow plugs should work good in to to test.
Start off with 0% glow fuel and work my way up.
Got a few MW3 props to test with.

Last edited:
Well, I was wrong. I went thru all my jugs and the only one I have is ported already. I went too far and cut thru the 20210414_164337.jpgside. You can patch with jb weld to make it work. Would not work for g1 if I added material. So it's junk to me. You can have it for shipping price. 20210414_164300.jpg

Good luck with the glow plug. We did a short series of tests on a Quickdraw with glow ignition and boat fuel. We couldn't get a glow plug to work. The ones that didn't blow out the element wouldn't light the fuel consistently. The engine ran a lot better with ignition on 15% fuel. It fried the points on 40% with piston and exhaust port damage as the electrodes left the cylinder.

Lohring Miller

Good luck with the glow plug. We did a short series of tests on a Quickdraw with glow ignition and boat fuel. We couldn't get a glow plug to work. The ones that didn't blow out the element wouldn't light the fuel consistently. The engine ran a lot better with ignition on 15% fuel. It fried the points on 40% with piston and exhaust port damage as the electrodes left the cylinder.

Lohring Miller

I'd guess the C/R is too low to light the charge unless the mixture is very lean.

David
Good luck with that project. I know you like those exotic projects so let us know the progress. We will all be very interested.
Bill Hoch

You know everyone's talking about how much Nitro cost how much the fuel cost how much the engines cost and the price of the glow plugs. So let's say we replace gobs of Nitro with gobs of cubic inch. Cheap cubic inch at that. And cheap glow plugs. And end up the same results we have now as far as speed and Power. I think it is time to take a new look at what's going on.
I try something different.

Last edited:
WELL GOD DAM I must have bin to lean.....LOL
YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!

Check out his channel, he's an interesting and funny dude from Norway.

Looks like he's chasing a 50cc land speed record, doing it all on a budget in his little garage, anyway he did get it to run:

Here's a funny clip before he started four years ago (language alert):

Last edited:
ya been following him for years.
for get the sparkplug its a chicken or the egg first kinda thing . the fuel supply to run full speed is stupid rich to start.
glow is the only way then the problem is the chamber cant be made small enough . mitch at QD did it in the 90's. he told me some stuff and basically told me dont waste my time .

with that said id love to see video of it in the rigger exploding as it crosses the 100mph mark lol

Well it has to be a glow plug with Nitro or strait methanol.
It is the only way you can race it as far a s the rules go.

ya been following him for years.
for get the sparkplug its a chicken or the egg first kinda thing . the fuel supply to run full speed is stupid rich to start.
glow is the only way then the problem is the chamber cant be made small enough . mitch at QD did it in the 90's. he told me some stuff and basically told me dont waste my time .

with that said id love to see video of it in the rigger exploding as it crosses the 100mph mark lol
Well you know things have advanced just a little in 30 years.
You can get a Tiger king cylinder and make any chamber you want.

OK I have spent some time going over my options on the best way to go.
As usual DAM the torpedo's full steam a head........
So this is what I have planed and will need as much help as I can get.
Will use a RCMK R254 crank case with a Tiger King top end kit.
This way I can make my own head buttons.
I am thinking about using a stock Zenoah 26 crank to keep the rotating mass as small as I can.
So what rod is the best as far as strong and light?
What rod bearings work the best?
I will use two rear half 26 cranks and run a pully on it for the starter.
I will build up the crank my self.
Also what about this 0 drag seal?
Will run my own design full complement bearings one on the front and one on the back.
O and who has the easiest pipe program on line to get a feel for where to start off with the pipe build up.
I remember one of the gas boat forum had one with cone templates?
So lets here it the good the bad and the ugly.............LOL

Back