Zenoah Glow fuel eng?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work David, how many hours in that pipe from start to finish?
It takes about an hour to do each cone on average. Now if I had a CNC lathe you could knock it right out. But working on the Old South Bend 9 inch almost everything is done manually with the hand crank.

I put mine all together with a length of threaded rod and plugs in the ends when I bring it to my welder, makes his job easy and eveything is aligned.

What's the wall thickness?

Nice looking pipe!
.065 wall.
I turned out much better than I imagined it would.
Bigger than I thought also.
But it makes sense if you compare it to a 13cc pipe.
Not sure why all the gas pipes are so small.

Last edited:
Nice pipe. If you really want a challenge try making it in steel on your South Bend. Below is a 26 cc gas pipe I made on mine with the help of a taper attachment. It is the best stock engine pipe we tested.

Lohring Miller

B&M pipe.JPG

Nice pipe. If you really want a challenge try making it in steel on your South Bend. Below is a 26 cc gas pipe I made on mine with the help of a taper attachment. It is the best stock engine pipe we tested.

Lohring Miller

View attachment 296419
Steel no way.
I do not have the fortitude to stand in front of it for that long as it wines in back gear working the compound by hand.
So how did that adjustable pipe work?
Worth all the effort?

I cheated by making some of the parts from leaded steel. Power feed with the angle attachment helped as well. Even so it took a lot of time. Before modifiers learned to widen the rear transfers and eybrow the transfers over the intake port, it added 20% to a Zenoah's power. It didn't help with the newer mods that improved breathing. However, in the stock engines breathing is still an issue so it was the best pipe we tested for a stock engine.

The original reason for the movable diffuser was to investigate the importance of the baffle cone position versus the diffuser section position. It turns out that the diffuser position isn't particularly important compared to the baffle cone position. The baffle cone determines the tuned length which determines the power curve. The large volume coupled with a high horn coefficient diffuser generates a strong suction pulse that helps overcome intake restrictions.

Lohring Miller

I cheated by making some of the parts from leaded steel. Power feed with the angle attachment helped as well. Even so it took a lot of time. Before modifiers learned to widen the rear transfers and eybrow the transfers over the intake port, it added 20% to a Zenoah's power. It didn't help with the newer mods that improved breathing. However, in the stock engines breathing is still an issue so it was the best pipe we tested for a stock engine.

The original reason for the movable diffuser was to investigate the importance of the baffle cone position versus the diffuser section position. It turns out that the diffuser position isn't particularly important compared to the baffle cone position. The baffle cone determines the tuned length which determines the power curve. The large volume coupled with a high horn coefficient diffuser generates a strong suction pulse that helps overcome intake restrictions.

Lohring Miller
But it was worth it to find this out.
Great info to have and share with others.
The pipe I built was a culmination of running many different parameters in the program and seeing what change did what and making a running list .
Then I rounded off all the results to make a pipe that had even and easy to hit number when building it.
It turned out very nice after I put them all together for the first time.
This pipe should suck the guts out of this case and SLAM them back in.
It will be a harsh running pipe I am sure.
But it has one thing to do make all the power it can at a certain RPM.
Will see if it works as I think it will.

1635115446145.png
1635115464546.png
1635115483741.png
1635115505647.png
OK its ready to go...........................
Have to pick up some methanol to mix the fuel and will fire it up on the bench.
Going to mix 10% Klotz supper techniplate and 15% nitro.
Also going to make a different head the 12.5 CR is to hard to start. Will bring it down to 9.2 CR.
Then off to the pond>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Latest posts

Back