Youse guys is hoitin' my feelin's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawlessMan

Maybe I'm a little over-sensitive (OK, I am over sensitive, I admit it, and I'm not proud of it), but a long standing pet peeve of mine is that almost without exception, I see report after report about what hull, what motor, what fuel, what radio, which servos, which turn fin, etc, etc, were used to set this or that record, or win this or that competition. What I never see, not here, not on the "other" R/C boards, not even in R/C Boat Modeler, is Which Drive was used. I know that there are a LOT of K&B people out there, as well as OS, Lawless, and other favorites as well. Alan's poll showed that something like 39% of the people who responded used a Lawless, with K&B holding the majority position. That is what puzzles me. Doesn't the drive contribute as much as the servo, or the fuel, or any other single piece? Doesn't the overall combination add up to whether the boat is a flyer or a stone? Everybody most likely has a good reason for using whatever drive they use. I can't believe that everybody bought an OS or a Lawless just for its looks. Why not mention which drive you're using? I know that Ron Drake was using a Lawless for one of his boats, and Precision was using two. But nobody mentioned it here in the frenzy of "whose motor?, which carb?, what pipe?, which hull?" questions that followed the reports about the Huntsville Trials. Like Rodney Dangerfield said, "Jeez, I don't get no respect." End of rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like more info posted when people set records, I'm sure the tuned pipe people would appreciate the press when one of thier pipes sets a record. Just my .02$ Rudy

Freds right.... course, ill guarantee anyone thats serious about goin fast with a tunnel already has a lawless lower... you're not taken for granted, fred, in the quest to reach tunnel stardom, its almost a given theres a lawless behind the boat! your stuffs awesome, and the tunnel gods know it, keep up the good work! :)

Lawlessman,

Just ordered a unit with the special steering arm for my Lynx. I want the best of the best on my tunnel.

I see a lot of people polishing and sharpening their lower unit or otherwise modifying it. So their lower unit, mostly K&B s, are not winners. I have this only seen once done to a lawless. So I guess you are a little right.

Besides, the records are a combination of the whole package but if there is one bad or not so good item, no new records will be set.

Keep the good work up.

Ronald-aka Moron

LawlessMan said:
Maybe I'm a little over-sensitive (OK, I am over sensitive, I admit it, and I'm not proud of it), but a long standing pet peeve of mine is that almost without exception, I see report after report about what hull, what motor, what fuel, what radio, which servos, which turn fin, etc, etc, were used to set this or that record, or win this or that competition. What I never see, not here, not on the "other" R/C boards, not even in R/C Boat Modeler, is Which Drive was used. I know that there are a LOT of K&B people out there, as well as OS, Lawless, and other favorites as well. Alan's poll showed that something like 39% of the people who responded used a Lawless, with K&B holding the majority position. That is what puzzles me. Doesn't the drive contribute as much as the servo, or the fuel, or any other single piece? Doesn't the overall combination add up to whether the boat is a flyer or a stone?  Everybody most likely has a good reason for using whatever drive they use. I can't believe that everybody bought an OS or a Lawless just for its looks. Why not mention which drive you're using?  I know that Ron Drake was using a Lawless for one of his boats, and Precision was using two. But nobody mentioned it here in the frenzy of "whose motor?, which carb?, what pipe?, which hull?" questions that followed the reports about the Huntsville Trials. Like Rodney Dangerfield said, "Jeez, I don't get no respect."  End of rant.
94876[/snapback]

Fred,

You are right. I am sorry that I did not mention your units. Your lower units are a work of art. I am an old toolmaker and I know good workmanship when I see it.

I run your lower unit on my personal test boat and I also put your address in my Lynx setup instructions.

Our team thinks a lot of what you have done for this hobby by providing us with a unit that will put the power to the prop like yours units do. I'm not just saying this to get out of the doghouse but your lower units work perfect on my boats!

Carl Van Houten,

Hi Fred,

Ok you the MAN!!!!!!!!!! :p Well Fred does build some super units we have several and one is 5 years old still running, was on the time trails boats last weekend. We have a flex cable that is in it 7 months old even thru the trails still good. Great job Fred PB Racing supports these products 100%.

Tim

Precision Boats Racing.

P.S.

Carl I am an Ol' Toolmaker you are a "REAl" Ol' Toolmaker :lol:

Fred,

You are just too Quite! You need to jump on here like the rest of them and blow your horn.

;)

Three Cheers for FRED..

Hip Hip... HOORAY

Hip Hip... HOORAY

Hip Hip... HOORAY

Freds lower is very fine.

BTY... PB gang.. what hull was used to set the A tunnel Record..?

GRIM

HEY HEY FRED , COME ON DOWN AND LOOK AT MY BOATS . I HAVE ONLY TWO BOATS WITH MY LOWER UNIT ON THEM , HELL ALL MY BIGGIES I HAVE ALLWAYS USED YOUR PROD. I CAN TELLYOU AND EVERY ONE OUT THERE / YOUR LOWER UNIT AND MY ENGINE NOW HOLD THE STRAIGHTAWAY FOR NAMBA

FRED OL BUDY , DONT LET THESE GUYS GET TO YOU . THEY MEAN WELL . AND I DO KNOW WHAT YOU A TALKING ABOUT . HELL YOU WOULD GET MORE NOTIRIETY IF YOU WENT OUT AND PEED IN YOUR FRONT YARD . YEP , IF T

HEY ARE BUYING , JUST SMILE ;) AND SAY THANK YOU .

NOW DOGGONIT YOU HAVE ME ON MY SOAP BOX AND I AM GONNA SAY SOMTHING ( WHO ME ) I HAVE TRIED SINCE 1952 TO GET IMPBA TO MAKE A RACE LIST . LISTING ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT THE PRODUCT THEY USE . ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WELL NOW YOU KNOW , LIKE EVEYTHING ESLSE FRED IF YOU WANT ITDONE , ALSO DONE RIGHT , YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT YOUR SELF . I AM DEEPLY SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANY ONE OUT THERE , AS THAT IS NOT MY INTENTION .I DO NOT KNOW WHY I DO THIS , THE LITTLE LADY HAS CALLED ME FOR DINNER , HELL I CANT EAT NOW :huh:

fred,

you are the man!!!!!!!! i love your product i have been running one of your cables in my lawless for at least 14 months it could break at any time now but it still there.also Mr. irwin your pipe the short quiet tune pipe screams some serious rrr's on my k&b ss mod. motor this setup is the best i ever had.with out you two guys the outboard world would be boring!!!!!!!!!thanks for the products you both make ,and i know better product will come from you guys again soon!!

thanks,

allen amick

How did I not see this post :blink: I'll toot that horn Fred !!!!!! The best ever made period .... Lawless Drives has set the bar so high that no one can even come close ....

For me and most everyone I know, Lawless and tunnels go hand in hand !!!! I do know that at our races down here in IMPBA Dist. 13, Bobby Halliday was asking everone what engine, lower unit, and prop and boat was being used so that it could be posted on the web site for all to see !!!!

Fred you the Man !!!!!!!! :)

I want to thank everyone who posted cheers and kudos. When I started out about 9 years ago, all I wanted to do was make an alternative to the (fading and faltering) K&B. You guys have gotten it to where it is today through taking a chance and offering solid feedback. Really, though, what I was trying to convey is that this should be an ongoing effort to get more of the information out there, not just about Lawless Drives (which, of course, I happen to be partial to), but also, any hot setup that works well. Maybe we need a separate "brag" forum where anyone could post descriptions and pictures of his or her favorite or most successful setup for a given size boat, brag up the merits of it and race wins and such, and people could post questions pertaining to the particular choices, debate options, etc. Actually, those were the very sort of posts that I was commenting on, to begin with.

Fred

James Irwin said,

"NOW DOGGONIT YOU HAVE ME ON MY SOAP BOX AND I AM GONNA SAY SOMTHING ( WHO ME ) I HAVE TRIED SINCE 1952 TO GET IMPBA TO MAKE A RACE LIST . LISTING ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT THE PRODUCT THEY USE ."

I know, Jim, I have appealed several times to the editorial department at R/C Boat Modeler for the very same info to be published in their race coverage. Their reply has been that the "contributors", usually free-lance writers or race officials don't provide them with that much information. They say that they are fortunate to get a winner's list, which sometimes includes the boat/motor/hardware data, and sometimes isn't even a complete list of the winners. According to past editor Garry Yarrish, they seldom, if ever, get in-depth information about the boats, and of course, that old printer's demon "space limitations" makes them trim what they do get. I think if they consistently got more information than they could print, maybe they'd find more space to print it.

The biggest force on the planet is public opinion. If a lot of people bombarded editor Matt Higgins ([email protected]) with requests for more info, it would stir the pot a little. Of course, we can't expect instant results from a magazine that only comes out every two months. I would imagine they are working on information for the July and September issues, neither of which will contain much race information from this summer's season, but maybe something might start showing up by November's issue. We need to also get on the race officials, or whomever reports the results from the particular races to include as much info as possible.

Now I'll get off MY soapbox and get to work, right after I e-mail Matt Higgins.

Fred

Fred,

I've added the lower unit to the information that will be posted when the results of the Spring Nats come out. We posted the top three hulls, engines and props from the CMB GP and a few tunnel guys suggested I get the lower unit for the Outboard results, so I'm going to have that information for the top three boats posted in our race results for the rest of the year. Results from the CMB race and current GP standings can be found on the District 13 page on the IMPBA website. Our District website has not been completely updated yet.

-Bobby

LawlessMan said:
I want to thank everyone who posted cheers and kudos. When I started out about 9 years ago, all I wanted to do was make an alternative to the (fading and faltering) K&B. You guys have gotten it to where it is today through taking a chance and offering solid feedback.  Really, though, what I was trying to convey is that this should be an ongoing effort to get more of the information out there, not just about Lawless Drives (which, of course, I happen to be partial to), but also, any hot setup that works well.  Maybe we need a separate "brag"  forum where anyone could post descriptions and pictures of his or her favorite or most successful setup for a given size boat, brag up the merits of it and race wins and such, and people could post questions pertaining to the particular choices, debate options, etc.  Actually, those were the very sort of posts that I was commenting on, to begin with.Fred

95220[/snapback]

BOBBYH said:
Fred,

I've added the lower unit to the information that will be posted when the results of the Spring Nats come out. We posted the top three hulls, engines and props from the CMB GP and a few tunnel guys suggested I get the lower unit for the Outboard results, so I'm going to have that information for the top three boats posted in our race results for the rest of the year. Results from the CMB race and current GP standings can be found on the District 13 page on the IMPBA website. Our District website has not been completely updated yet.

-Bobby

Great plan, good start.

Fred

LawlessMan said:
Maybe I'm a little over-sensitive (OK, I am over sensitive, I admit it, and I'm not proud of it), but a long standing pet peeve of mine is that almost without exception, I see report after report about what hull, what motor, what fuel, what radio, which servos, which turn fin, etc, etc, were used to set this or that record, or win this or that competition. What I never see, not here, not on the "other" R/C boards, not even in R/C Boat Modeler, is Which Drive was used. I know that there are a LOT of K&B people out there, as well as OS, Lawless, and other favorites as well. Alan's poll showed that something like 39% of the people who responded used a Lawless, with K&B holding the majority position. That is what puzzles me. Doesn't the drive contribute as much as the servo, or the fuel, or any other single piece? Doesn't the overall combination add up to whether the boat is a flyer or a stone?  Everybody most likely has a good reason for using whatever drive they use. I can't believe that everybody bought an OS or a Lawless just for its looks. Why not mention which drive you're using?  I know that Ron Drake was using a Lawless for one of his boats, and Precision was using two. But nobody mentioned it here in the frenzy of "whose motor?, which carb?, what pipe?, which hull?" questions that followed the reports about the Huntsville Trials. Like Rodney Dangerfield said, "Jeez, I don't get no respect."  End of rant.
94876[/snapback]

Hey Fred Andy Brown is right, you need to blow your horn and let everyone know your product is not good its great.

Rod told me that a k&b was faster. I did not run kb lower i run your lower

unit and set a record that has stood for 9.5 years. And I will set more

records with the LAWLESS LOWER UNIT you are the MANNNNN.

Ron Drake

Back