You know you are having a bad day when...........

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonShaw

Vendor
stv_crash.jpg

Ouch!!!!!............... ;)

I think that's Mark Poole's Mercury Team Mod VP!!!........... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember right- he got hurt pretty bad-(Foley can fill us in) Cool pic, but NOT what ya wanna see :(

BTW- Poole aint Team Merc / The Black Motor guys are in WC Fla ;)

Come on Shaw- get with it :ph34r:

Andy

No actually the guy was fine. I was there on the swannee river, he was going over 120mph, big time buzz kill. Go to scream and fly and there is a video somewhere.

That is Hank, a friend of mine. He was quite fearless until that happened and kinda put things into perspective. If you watch the video of that wreck he is very lucky to have skipped across the water like that and come out with just bumps and bruises. More brave than me, no way I am going that fast in a non capsule boat.

Ron, Mercury and I have never got along too well. Was always delighted to see a white motor beat them. I think that is what Andy's boat is going to be doing when mine blows past him! :lol: Never to early to start Smack!

Yeah i'll stick with our smaller, fast but not so dangerous version's thanks :eek: can you imagine the feeling in your stomach when you know your about to blow over in a full scale.....ohhhhh shizt, hang on or let go & pukker up.

Thats just crazy :blink:

That was quite a day on the Suwannee River ! That was the 2005 Top End Shoout . The weekend started at the Holiday Inn in Chiefland under cold and rainy conditions and major pre - run partying ! Saturday morning came with windy and blustery conditions and probably 100 boats lined both sides of a mile long straght section of river waitng on the first runs from Hank Hogan , Mike Dixon , Dennis Vitollo , Fast Freddy , Warren Duke and others . Anybody could make a pass but unless you were running 125 MPH plus .....no point !

After a few runs it was evident that wind gusts were blowing down into the river from above the tree line and really mixing up the water ....no place or time to be trim happy like Hank was that day ! The sound of that Mod 300 Drag Mercury 2.5 when he pushed the button was unreal ....friggin awesome . Well he got back to the radar boat to check his speed and found out that Dixon had gone faster he was PISSED !!! On that final pass he wound that STV Mod VP up ......trimmed too high ...the boat came up twice and warned him...he didn't listen .. and then he blew over bad as evidenced by the photo . You really have to see the video to appreciate how lucky he was the he got thrown clear of the flipping boat and landed on his back . Lots of quick work by a bunch of the Scream and Fly guys to get him out of the water and also save the boat . What a weekend that was . I had only had my STV less than a year at that time and learned a lot !! Fly safe guys !

Link to Extreme Marine coverage directly below .

http://ca.youtube.co...h?v=Zk1AwwgQD1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHSQj-F-fpw

Dang Foley. You don't push yours like that do ya??? Wild ride on the edge... ;)

No way , 100 is fast enough for me . They were running # 4 Speedmaster gear cases and different props that really lifted the hulls when they hit the Nitrous and hit 10,000 RPM !! Great footage in those videos . My buddy Brent was the big guy standing up in the Mirage when he blew over . Paramedics were on hand in the radar boat to lend a hand . I'll never forget that weekend !

No way , 100 is fast enough for me . They were running # 4 Speedmaster gear cases and different props that really lifted the hulls when they hit the Nitrous and hit 10,00 RPM !! Great footage in those videos . My buddy Brent was the big guy standing up in the Mirage when he blew over . Paramedics were on hand in the radar boat to lend a hand . I'll never forget that weekend !
Wow. I bet that was something to watch live. I heard the radar boat announce 130mph on one of those runs. That's crazy!!!!!!

Well dude it is a fact that Al Stokers Evinrude powered boat would do 118 in circle track race trim with a production lower unit.. Set up for straights it would do a lot more. Don't forget these guys you see here were using laughing gas and racing gearcases.

I'll take another pic of my boat when the Chrysler cowl is done. Then you Merc guys can sweat bullets till October! :lol:

well i will sweat not one bullet i have a 15ft allison with a production inline that will have a piece of that chysler any day of the week. oh by the way thats a MERCURY

I was refering to the RC boat. You don't want me to put the Stacker in the river. The noise will scare all the Mercs away. :eek:

Big group meeting over at Camp Mack near Lake Kissimmee this sunday . A bunch of Allisons , Bullet's, STV's, Mirages , Hydrostreams LCB's , Skaters . Should be a good time , hope nobody gets too trim happy !

Back