WWW Race - May 8th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 115

Yes, I am posting our race once again..lol..

Just an additional note... No food will be served during the day. We are planning on a post race pizza/pop party if people feel like hanging around and chatting..

See ya all then,

Charley

Charley,

Your races sound fun,I will have to take the ferry across Lake Michigan,

and run with you guys sometime. Where in Wisconsin do you guys race?

You gonna try the 21 hydro this weekend? It sure looks nice,I hope it runs

as well as it looks.

Thanks, B)

Mark Sholund

WWW doesn't have it's own water yet so this race is at the Badger Pond in Kenosha, WI.

There will be two more races at this location on July 11th and the District 4 Championship Race on Sept. 4-5th... Both of those races are hosted by the Badgers..

Yes.. Definitely running my 20 hydro...

Come on out!!

Charley

Hey Mark.

We run about an hour north of Lake Ida (.21 shootout pond) in Kenosha, WI, well, at least this year. Our home course for WWW was taken over by the DNR last year so we had to scramble to find a place in '04. The Badgers came through for us in a big way, volunteering their pond and equipment. It's a stretched 1/4 mile course that is 2/3 surrounded by cat tails (no walls anywhere). The Badgers have been at this site for close to 25 years now.

If you'd like to 'mapquest' our site, take I-94 to Kenosha and exit 339 (Highway E) is the place. About 1/10 mile off the Interstate on the East side.

Garrett

p.s. thanks for the props. Will be trying the 440's after May 8th... :D

Hello Racers.

The D4 opener is finally here. It APPEARS at this time that there will be some open water on Friday afternoon. We will be setting up that day, so if we are in the water, naturally the course is closed. We will set up as quickly as we can to give the drivers as much time as we can. This is not a common practice at Badger pond, but the Badgers really are being super with their equipment, time, and location. Be sure to thank them when you see them at the race.

If you have any questions, either email Charley or me

[email protected] Charley

[email protected] Garrett

Mark V and Pete C, hope you see this...

see you Friday Garret were are bringing two pretty fast calcraft f mono's see you then

I think dick is going to come two so maybe we can do a qc roostertails f mono sweep

pete collinson

I know, I know..... i missed a great race....... but i needed to work to pay my bills :(

come hell or high water i will be at the next race!

Charley,

How can Tom pay for his new garage if he is out racing all the time :lol: .

So how was the race? And more important who won 21 Hydro?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Quick race recap.. form the Grim

First and foremost is the WWW club.. Fantastic job on the race gang. First class.

Our group traveled there on Friday and the weather was nasty. Cold wind was coming of the big lake and we had rain late in the day.. None of the member of out club placed a boat in the water. We did however meet up with some fellow racers and go out for steaks, brewskis and burgers before heading for bed.

We got up for the race and again the weather was threatening. The skies were ugly but the wind was calm. It looked like rain in the morning but as we got the day started the weather began to lift and racing we went.

First heats went good and the weather just keep getting better and better.. good right? Yea but we were chasing needles all day. You would lean the boat for the next heat only to have the boat go fat as the sun came out.

I can not remember the official count but its was in the 80+ boats registered and I think 19 were 21 tunnels.. There was even a good show of 40 (D) hydro.

Here are a few winners. I cant remember the rest.. im sure the WWW will give us a full list.

Larry Gemmp (Leecraft XTR21/K+BSS) took top honors after Mickey Tracy (HTB290/Nova) misjudged a corner in the runoff for first. Third place was ?… shoot I can remember..

Ron Zaker Jr (Ninja/Nova) spanked the others for first with Patrick Steel (Ninja/Nova) 2nd. By bud Big Bryon (Ninja/Nova) came in 3rd. It was a NINJA 123 sweep.

To sum up the race in one word..

Fantastic..

Congratulations to the WWW on a first rate event.

Grim

Thanks, Mike.. I can't remember who won and I handed out the trophies..

Garrett will save the day as usual...

Sorry...

To the WWW Club, You guys did a great job holding the race and I had a very good time.

Thanks Again BigBryon

RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry it took so long)

First off, HUGE thank you to the Badger Model Boat Club. They provided us a site, equipment, and helped with set up and tear down. They did a great job.

My WWW members need to be thanked as well. We are a small bunch, but nobody would have ever known. I kept hearing comments like, seamless, and no glitches, and good pace...

We didnt have many tough calls to make, and thats a credit to the driving, not bad for the first one of the year in our area.

We had 86 boats...FANTASTIC...we got in three rounds of racing, a raffle, trophies and a pizza party and got the guys out at a decent time (I think). Mother Nature needs to be mentioned too, as she must be a R/C boat racing fan. We were supposed to have terrible weather and storms, and it turned out to be an absolute great weather day.

Anyway, what you've all been waiting for since October when we started this **** thread...THE RESULTS...sorry I dont have all the hull/engine combos. If you know of one, email me and I'll fill it in)

B Hydro (8)

1st Ron Zaker Jr. 1025 Ninja/Novarossi

2nd Bryan Nesvacil 650 Ninja/Novarossi

3rd Mike Zaborowski 650 Ninja/Novarossi

D Hydro (5)

1st Ron Zaker Jr. 825 Crapshooter/Picco

2nd Squeak Ennitper 700

3rd Bryon Nesvacil 350 Hawk/Ka-Boom (K& B) as he calls it

Sport 20 (3)

1st Bryon Nesvacil 1200 Dumas Pay-N-Pak/

2nd Mickey Tracy 625

3rd Larry Gemp Sr. 25 Dumas Pay-N-Pak/

Sport 40 (5)

1st Tom Baker 725 Phil Thomas/

2nd Joe Kratky 650 Phil Thomas/Mac

3rd Mike Zabrowski 569 Scratch

1/8 Scale (4)

1st Bob Preusse 1025 72? Sunny Jim

2nd Ken Stang 700 74 Miss US

3rd Gary Preusse 600 84 The Boat

Open Cat (8)

1st Joe Kratky 1100

2nd Greg Martin 650

3rd Tom Lentz 450

B Tunnel (19)

1st Larry Gemp Sr. 1000 LeeCraft/K&B SS

2nd Mickey Tracy 1000 HTB 290/Novarossi

3rd Gary Woods 850

D Tunnel (7)

1st John Kubitz 950 LeeCraft/

2nd Craig Waters 625 Maus/K&B

3rd Bill Wachler 600 LeeCraft/

B Mono (6)

1st Larry Gemp Sr. 1000 Seaducer 28/Mac

2nd Brian Stieglitz 794 Seaducer 28/

3rd Mark Dauer 700 Seaducer 28/

D Mono (6)

1st Mark Dauer 800 Seaducer/

2nd Garrett Randall 800 Viper/CMB

3rd Joe Kratky 675

E/F Mono (6)

1st Mark Dauer 575 Seaducer/CMB

2nd Mark Voorhies 450 CalCraft/

3rd Tom Baker 444 Seaducer/OS

Gas Mono (4)

1st Mark Dauer 1200

2nd Tom Lentz 500

3rd Randy Knapp 50

Finally, we tried an 'Unlimited' class, meaning run what ya brung. We only ended up with 5 entrants. The winner got the "Unlimted Cup" traveling trophy...

1st Mark Dauer with a F Hydro

2nd Josh Wiet with a F Mono

3rd Tom Lentz with a Gas Cat

4thT Tom Baker with a F Mono

4thT Bill Wachler with an E Tunnel

I think a good time was had by all...glad its over with :D and looking forward to gettin' on with the schedule...

Garrett Randall

Thanks Mike, glad you had us covered. We thought of most things, but forgot the d*** camera... <_<

I'll bring mine at the next race I attend...get them on the NEW site...and maybe a few on here...

Garrett

Back