• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

wtb k&B 3.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collins1172

looking for a sleeve tensioner tool. need to tighten up a loose piston and slleve. Thanks Brad

Brad, there are cheaper ones on eBay. Take a look around the R/C car engine section. Not sure what kind of quality they are though...

looking for a sleeve tensioner tool. need to tighten up a loose piston and slleve. Thanks Brad
There is an easier way and it will still (later on) give you the option to re-size the sleeve.

I use a small set of copper tubing cutters (the kind with the cutting wheel),,very small set,

us plumbers call'em "thumb cutters" or "palm cutters"(cut my palm once).

Have to find the set that will do at least 5/8ths inch diameter for a 3.5cc piston. I run my cutter

with the cutting wheel in the oil groove in the piston, don't have'ta put much pressure on the

tighten-up or go around very many times to give'r a good seal again. The good part is that you can do it over and over again.

I personally don't re-size 3.5 sleeves, one mistake and oop's :(

Jerry

Good point on the piston resizing. This is what I do and you can put two groove in the piston and like Jerry said go easy on the cutter. I do all my engines this way and they will run all season and refresh them in the winter.

Dave Roach

Back