• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Bouchie 45 Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need Mac 15 cc pipes as well. Mac is out of business and has been for several years due to the death of the owner.
I doubt that there would be issues in copying the pipe.

I made a few pipes in the early 2000's, mostly Mac copies just increasing the convegent cone a few deg. and keeping the vol. the same. Machining from billet stock on manuel lathe took many hours. Then needed to send out to be welded. Putting a price on one would be way too high. OMHO

Attachments

• tune pipes custom.jpg
    tune pipes custom.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 153
Anyone have dimensions of the heat racing 67, 80, 101 pipes from Scott? you can IM me details if you don't want to post here. I modeled several of Scott's earlier pipes in Solidworks and keep the drawings for reference.

Thx,
-Tyler

Just a thought Chris.
If you do decide you can build them, no matter the cost, post in the Manufacturers forum. Maybe offer as a kit if some members have capability or access to weld aluminum. My dad made me an OPS 21 copy years ago in billet and I welded it together with low temp aluminum solder. TIG would be nice but the low temp stood up well and was a lot easier to work with for the average joe to work with (with practice of course).
Maybe there is someone here with CNC capability can knock out pipe parts. Kits could be interesting as they could be tweaked before assembly but maybe that's way too out there of an idea.
Anybody remember the Bishop Marine hydro (70's I think) with almost limitless adjustability? Front sponsons, rear sponsons and the solid drive with U joints were adjustable. Couldn't figure out where to start and what to adjust. It was before Ed Huey started putting out hydros that used flex cable.

I have contacted Scott. There will be no Bouchie pipes copied or sold by me. He had a very good suggestion for me in that I should take the time to understand tuned pipe technology learn the physics and math involved and design my own pipes.

That's terrible news... I sorta understand the reasoning behind not making them. My thought is if the math and physics have been done and the man behind those figures doesn't plan on continuing his production, why hold back the science slowing the hobby a bit.

Thank you both for your skills...

That's terrible news... I sorta understand the reasoning behind not making them. My thought is if the math and physics have been done and the man behind those figures doesn't plan on continuing his production, why hold back the science slowing the hobby a bit.

Thank you both for your skills...
I really agree with your post. I guess from an ethical standpoint if the pipes were still be manufactured it would be wrong to copy them. But if the original builder has closed this business and there are no patents or trademarks applied to the items there should be no conflict. This is a very skilled craftsman who can be a great help to this hobby and the future of it’s well being.

I think if you copy Scott's pipes for yourself or a friend that would be fine, however if you copy Scott's pipes and market them for all to buy that's a big problem. It needs to be done like Stu Barr and the BVM, Bob Violett, needle valves. Im sure Stu spent a lot of his own money to continue providing a great product to all of us. If you all remember there was a similar problem with some people copying some ABC props.
Scott's pipes are the real deal, they really work and that's why were even having this conversation. If you want one that bad I'm sure you'll find one. I imagine if someone offer's Scott the right amount he may be willing to talk.

I have contacted Scott. There will be no Bouchie pipes copied or sold by me. He had a very good suggestion for me in that I should take the time to understand tuned pipe technology learn the physics and math involved and design my own pipes.
I can see where the man himself is coming from but it is a real shame because by all accounts these are the guru of pipes but it is disappointing that new people who come to the hobby hear all these good things about these pipes but can’t get hold of them but race against them. Some I am sure go away and I am not saying it’s the only reason thinking that he is getting smoked because he does not have the gear. I am glad however you are honouring his request by not copying.. not sure if given the opportunity though that someone else will. Well here’s trying , has anyone got a Bouchie pipe they want to sell?

Latest posts

Back