World Outboard Champs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah thanks for the kind words guys.....it's been a long time coming. Like I said to Louise, last time I had 2 wins in a row was in the days when I had the Villain!

Was lots of fun and good to catch up with you guys.

Now just leave the boat alone Gino!!!

Very quick boat youhave there. Ha. A great race with Brad in the second round of A Mod.

Thanks for making the trip guys and girls was awesome see you all again.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been reviewing the video footage of the A mod outboard heats to try and split the 1st place...all I can say is WOW still no clearer! As we both did 1:28 heat times! Both of us were just coasting for the final 2 laps haha

If any Americans still read this post, what is a good heat time for you guys in Mod?

Should add that's 5 x 300m laps for 1500m distance. And the course was measured properly that morning so it's pretty accurate.

Big question Guys and Gal - should we do it again, and over 2 days with redrawn heats each round? If so, where at?

I'm happy to travel - that was so much fun I want to do it all over again! (especially if I can just show up and race, rather than show up early, get the retrieve boat, unpack the gear, set the course markers, take entries, draw up heats etc.)! If we do it some place else it would be good if we can get somewhere that is well protected from wind at a time of year where calm water is more likely. Or we could look at doing it at Penrith again but with more notice so that Kris can book a cabin in advance rather than winging it...... LOL

It wa fun having all those tunnels racing and considering there was only 10 competitors imagine how many boats there could be with a bit more notice and planning!

It was a great day's racing for all of us. The rain "dampened" things a bit, but we got really great water conditions as a result :)

I'd love to see a tunnels-only event on the Australian racing calendar. I'd certainly be there and be prepared to roll up sleeves to make it happen. I'm conscious that there was a lot of work required of the MBC of NSW crew on Sunday morning to lay the course out again at short notice but, given an organised event, that could be managed and we could have a non-racing CD perhaps? I know there are other clubs and waters that would also be suitable for such an event so hopefully we will get some interested and constructive discussions.

On my phone so wont type too much..

I vote for the best venue in the WORLD consistency in getting good racing eater for the smaller tunnels, which Is Penrith

Maybe we can make it something like, no helping, no racing!

The AMPBA program does the scoring automatically, doesn't Andrews?

On my phone so wont type too much..

I vote for the best venue in the WORLD consistency in getting good racing eater for the smaller tunnels, which Is Penrith

IMAG1181.jpg

Maybe we can make it something like, no helping, no racing!

The AMPBA program does the scoring automatically, doesn't Andrews?
yeah it does, but for club days we only use a simpler version that doesn't require data entry. With pre-entry it's not as time constrained so we can use the full race management version, but when you take entries on the day it's easier to do paper heat sheets.

If its going to be a 2 day event make it Setup on Saturday morning until 11 then racing.

If everyone chips in then it won't be too bad.
Good thinking. Practice starts as soon as set up is done, with a specific race starting time. That way everyone chips in to get it set up faster so they can practice.If we do it at Penrith again we can use the second tinny also to speed up rescue. Might also be able to negotiate settings the course the day before. Unfortunately we have to share the pond with an azzhat.

Back