World Outboard Champs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Thats right, the real World Outboard Champs is going to be held in Sydney, Australia in 2 weeks time.

It looks like the best racers from this country will be attending to compete for the many international crowns on offer! This is one of those races you wont want to miss!

So far we have racers coming from 3 states/territories, anyone from up north keen to make the trip down, or are you a bit scared of the competion? DONT GIVE ME ANY NOT ENOUGH NOTICE, you should be ready to roll at all times!

So who is in? and with what??

Sport A Outboard

Louise Flynn

Brad Spencer

Greg Moss

Tim Duggan

Shawn Junker(all talk)

Bryan Ruttley

Wayne Johnstone

B Outboard

Louise Flynn (racing my EB Outboard Tunnel, to keep the boys on their toes)

Kris Flynn

Brad SPencer

Greg Moss

Dion Smith

A Outboard (Mod)

Kris Flynn

Paul Stirton

Brad Spencer

Greg Moss

Tim Duggan

Shawn Junker(all talk)

Bryan Ruttley

Wayne Johnstone

EA SPEC Outboard

Kris Flynn

Greg Moss

Tim Duggan

Special guest appearance

Bryan Ruttley

Note: this is a non sanctioned event this year, just some passionate outboard racers catching up for some racing. if all goes well we will make this an annual event (race site to be determined)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in... sick of all the Canberra windy weather!

A Sport Outboard

A Mod Outboard

B Outboard

EA Tunnel

I'm running;

A Sport Outboard

A Mod Outboard

EA tunnel

Your all welcome to our club any time! Except kris hahahaha

I'm in!!!

A mod

A sport

Ea

Thats right, the real World Outboard Champs is going to be held in Sydney, Australia in 2 weeks time.

It looks like the best racers from this country will be attending to compete for the many international crowns on offer! This is one of those races you wont want to miss!

Note: this is a non sanctioned event this year, just some passionate outboard racers catching up for some racing. if all goes well we will make this an annual event (race site to be determined)
Not to rain on your parade, but the REAL World OB Tunnel Championships has been held each year in the USA, hosted by the Charleston Model Boaters, for a number of years. It has secured racers from Europe, Canada, Bermuda, South America, Australia as well as the US. The poor economy has hurt the recent international attendance but am told that some will be returning and even more will be coming back. We have had 288 boats entered as the high water mark in attendance for the race. And yes, it IS a sanctioned event.

If Culhane goes, I am too!!...lol

Hi John,

Yours is called the World Tunnel Champs (WTC) ours is called the World Outboard Champs (WOC) heaps better name ;)

You americans talk alot of crap on here, now put those words in action, stop hiding over there!!

Our race will be international because I have raced (and won of course) over seas...

We will even let Bryan and Brad race with us, thats how accomodating we are.

Vision craft boat owner does not even leave the state of Fl. let alone the country.O my, whos leg are you trying to pull Shawn LOL

If we can get this event up, It looks likeI be able to secure an event sponsor who is considering donating leading manufacturer engine parts.

I think I might have a "World Champ" size inaugural trophy sorted. Thinking it should be a highpoints trophy across all classes.

Shawn is serious, I just talked to him.

We don't talk the talk, we WALK THE WALK here is the good ole USA. In 2008, we averaged 55 per class in .21.

We will leave LA on a raft, headed for the slimy shores, hopefully the box jellys wont eat us. Otto agreed to donate a 4 man raft, I will buy a bunch of beef jerky, Culhane will make a sail, and the hot air half way around the world should get us there in record time.

You guys have a outback there right? First shrimp on the barb----

Nevermind.

Vision craft boat owner does not even leave the state of Fl. let alone the country.O my, whos leg are you trying to pull Shawn LOL
Funny stuff John! He should come out and race against some of his boats, we run backwards around the course out here though, just the like the toilets when we flush them...might take a few laps to get used to ;)

Brad, I am VERY keen to get this all OB race up and going as an annual event. I think it can work really well on its own.

A sponsor would be awsome, especially at such short notice and would create even more interest.

Randy, I only understood some of what you wrote...but seriously, I can get the Barby cranking with some shrink :)

Me and Georganna are in too- sans the raft :lol:

just not in two weeks :(

Zamn it Man, I coulda been the first US Vision driver to go Intercontinental and shut up the 3 RRR's :lol:

On a serious note good luck with the race Kris and keep us posted. We will be there late March of next year , Sydney I believe, so keep us in mind for some backwards laps and Outback Steakhouse mate, it will be awesome to meet some of you guys ;)

Andy

Greg, It's looking like the last weekend of March for 7 days on Sprint-

We are kicking around extending the trip on our dime and moving the free flight home back a few days at least ;)

Now I just gotta figure out how to get the Vision Mod VP and radio "down under" to show you guys how cool this class is B) B) B)

Looking forward to meeting you.

Andy

Hey Andy,

You can ship your stuff to my place if you want, I live the closest to where we race in Sydney.

Tim

Back