World Nitro and FE SAW Records bumped up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Just for those not on Facebook, this past weekend I was lucky enough to bump the world speed/SAW records for 4S (P) and also 3.5 Mod nitro up, including taking the overall top SAW world speed record for 3.5 Nitro outboard :)

4S1P (P) SAW Outboard Record is now at an average of 89.25MPH (142.802km/h) (Fast pass just over 89.50mph)

3.5 Mod Nitro Outboard SAW record is now at an average of 70.83MPH (113.333km/h) (fast pass just over 71mph)

Thanks to Ian Inverarity for the photo!

Fire Breathing Dragon.jpg

Last edited:
Kris don't get too humble, luck is more on conditions and those speeds are your hard work. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Mic & Jay

Thank you all!

I know there is over 90MPH in the FE Setup...couple of things I will tweak in the hull design to make it better (the hydro dynamics for what its worth). I only really tried once with this boat, its a bit scary to drive to be honest...gets the heart racing that's for sure!

The 3.5 Nitro was only just getting the engine running right when these passes were made...I saw 115kmh a few times on my radio GPS (Futaba). Something in my radio box malfunctioned and caused a melt down of the battery and servo/switch wires...luckily I had enough radio to steer the boat hard left after a pass when it lost throttle and made it crash (Better than 65mph into the bank!).

You can never say 'easy' when it comes to SAW, but there is definately 75MPH + even on a good day, I plan for 80 that's for sure. What I do know (from my early days of FE Tunnel) is that there is an invisible 'wall' at around 114km/h where setup becomes CRITICAL to overcome the changing forces to go beyond!

Still astounded at the FE record, will be very cool to see the work up to triple American digits down the line :)
71 in the B tunnel is nothing to sneeze at either, very good looking speeds all around.

how much do the SAW sponsons differ between the FE and 3.5 boats?

Back