Wondering why

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up watching rc tunnels race in 21,45 and 67 classes. Why didn't they build a 90 class.

K & B did have the .82 and the 1.0 but not enough of them around to make class I don't think. Very few tunnels made to fit the biggest engines.

Last edited:
Personally still want to build a good .90 or 1.01 tunnel.
Carl Van Houten has a 45 inch tunnel for gas that would be a good size I think. Something like a lawless gas leg and a mounted CMB would be the ticket.
a few of the Bermuda boys built some Nova .91’s on Lawless 7.5 legs and snapped shafts. Not big enough to handle the torque.

Personally still want to build a good .90 or 1.01 tunnel.
Carl Van Houten has a 45 inch tunnel for gas that would be a good size I think. Something like a lawless gas leg and a mounted CMB would be the ti
a few of the Bermuda boys built some Nova .91’s on Lawless 7.5 legs and snapped shafts. Not big enough to handle the torque.
I'm with you 💯 percent. A 101 and lawless leg on the right boat should stand up and walk. Also, does Carl sell the gas tunnel, haven't seen it offered anywhere. Is it a wood kit or glass

The 1/4 scale tunnel class ran the larger K&B engines. I built one a long time ago. I sold it to Joe Monohan. I believe Jerry Dunlap designed a good one.
Engine Specifications
i) Any engine from and including .67 (11cc) through 1.8 (30 cc) will be
permitted. Multiple engines will be permitted.
ii) There will be no restrictions as to either stock or modified engines.
iii) Engines will use nitro fuel. No gasoline engines will be permitted.

It could be revived if gasoline engines were allowed. A scale like lower would be nice, though.

Lojhring Miller

Last edited:
Wow... a large twin .90 outboard tunnel would be cool !!

I think it would be cool to allow .67 to .90 size inboard tunnels with a scale looking steering outboard centered behind the prop as the rudder.

I saw this setup on a cheapie electric boat and it seemed to work well... Just not sure if a class even exists for such a thing..

The 1/4 scale tunnel class ran the larger K&B engines. I built one a long time ago. I sold it to Joe Monohan. I believe Jerry Dunlap designed a good one.
Engine Specifications
i) Any engine from and including .67 (11cc) through 1.8 (30 cc) will be
permitted. Multiple engines will be permitted.
ii) There will be no restrictions as to either stock or modified engines.
iii) Engines will use nitro fuel. No gasoline engines will be permitted.

It could be revived if gasoline engines were allowed.

Lojhring Miller
I definitely agree on a scale lower unit, I would really like to see a pair of hot 90,s on a Switzer wing. I wish someone could build one. I would be in line to get one. My dad used to race them and we would watch them testing from the timing tower at lakeX along with many other designs. I know the arrow shark gas outboard looks good and they have up to 5 blade props for them.

Wow... a large twin .90 outboard tunnel would be cool !!

I think it would be cool to allow .67 to .90 size inboard tunnels with a scale looking steering outboard centered behind the prop as the rudder.

I saw this setup on a cheapie electric boat and it seemed to work well... Just not sure if a class even exists for such a thing..
I think
It would be worth a try, why not we have twins in cats, riggers and monos.

my fantasy twin outboard would be a miss geico , pair of 82 k/b ob . with lawless lower drives....plus custom made tuned pipes....just dreaming....bob

Latest posts

Back