windshield thickness open cockpit scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, off the top of my head, I don't know the thickness but, with a phone call, I can probably find out what they have now, after being restored. I don't think it's .500 though, probably closer to .250 IIRC. I do know the curved windscreens on boats like the 7701, 8200 Atlas' and the 8012 Budweiser were actually fairly thin, probably closer to .125 and probably less than that. There are two things you have to remember:
  • The windscreens were clear or tinted plastic and not glass
  • The plastic used was not optically clear so the windscreens were normally not used in front of the face but, rather, a shield the driver could duck behind to avoid flying water from the rooster tails and turn fins, starting in the 1970s.
I wouldn't be too concerned about getting the thickness right if you're building a boat to race as the material won't hold up and you will be constantly replacing it

Actually, off the top of my head, I don't know the thickness but, with a phone call, I can probably find out what they have now, after being restored. I don't think it's .500 though, probably closer to .250 IIRC. I do know the curved windscreens on boats like the 7701, 8200 Atlas' and the 8012 Budweiser were actually fairly thin, probably closer to .125 and probably less than that. There are two things you have to remember:
  • The windscreens were clear or tinted plastic and not glass
  • The plastic used was not optically clear so the windscreens were normally not used in front of the face but, rather, a shield the driver could duck behind to avoid flying water from the rooster tails and turn fins, starting in the 1970s.
I wouldn't be too concerned about getting the thickness right if you're building a boat to race as the material won't hold up and you will be constantly replacing it
Ok thanks .I have some good picsof the height.

Back