Who says nitro is dead in 19

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some old school, exhaust throttle.
default_cool.png

that's a gorgeous boat !!! I've got a gas cal craft. it's a very good running boat

how do exhaust throttles work? I mean, I understand the principle that it's just moving the throttle to the other side, but why would you choose one over a throttled carburetor?

There are four two day races in D19 this year at Legg Lake. Saturday will be nitro only. Monos, Tunnels, Outriggers and Sport Hydro. We did three races last year and were very pleased with the turnout. Check out www.namba19.com for more information.

Thanks, Al Waters

There are four two day races in D19 this year at Legg Lake. Saturday will be nitro only. Monos, Tunnels, Outriggers and Sport Hydro. We did three races last year and were very pleased with the turnout. Check out www.namba19.com for more information.

Thanks, Al Waters
I like this format. I'm hoping to make a few of these events

We have 10 races scheduled this year in district 9 with two at Roberts lake in seaside...we run most of the nitro classes, gas and FE come on up and race with us...we will welcome you with open arms!

Bob Tuttle

Namba276

We have 10 races scheduled this year in district 9 with two at Roberts lake in seaside...we run most of the nitro classes, gas and FE come on up and race with us...we will welcome you with open arms!

Bob Tuttle

Namba276
thanks! sounds good. Funny, I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel, Seaside, many times over the years while attending the Monterey Jazz Festival as well as several major motorsports events at Laguna Seca Raceway (ie. IndyCar, IMSA, WRC, Monterey Historics, etc.,...), I always noticed that body of water from my hotel window, never realized that was "Roberts Lake"? And that they actually run RC boats there? Apparently that was Howard Power's local boat pond years ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep...that was a bit before my time...I entered the hobby around '97-'98... Seaside has hosted the nationals twice and many district races. Come on up and race with us! We have fun, we promote a family atmosphere where we ALL can have fun...oh, and being at sea level...the nitro boats freakin haul the mail!

Bob

Steve only the gas is less expensive not the hull or hardware on gas are less expensive

That's true, but with a nitro engine, you'll go through a $7.00 glow plug every couple of runs, and I can run the same spark plug all year.

Hardware is hardware. Gas hardware doesn't cost any more than nitro hardware for a boat with a big block nitro engine.

Gas costs less than $4.00 per gallon and nitro starts at about $35.00 per gallon. I can run all day on a gallon of gas, but if you're running a big block nitro engine,it's easy to go through 2 gallons of fuel.Where I come from that's $70.00. $66.00 more than a gallon of gas.

Oh yeah,then if you need 3 glow plugs, that's another $21.00. That makes for a $91.00 day and you still haven't had lunch.

Steve only the gas is less expensive not the hull or hardware on gas are less expensive

That's true, but with a nitro engine, you'll go through a $7.00 glow plug every couple of runs, and I can run the same spark plug all year.

Hardware is hardware. Gas hardware doesn't cost any more than nitro hardware for a boat with a big block nitro engine.

Gas costs less than $4.00 per gallon and nitro starts at about $35.00 per gallon. I can run all day on a gallon of gas, but if you're running a big block nitro engine,it's easy to go through 2 gallons of fuel.Where I come from that's $70.00. $66.00 more than a gallon of gas.

Oh yeah,then if you need 3 glow plugs, that's another $21.00. That makes for a $91.00 day and you still haven't had lunch.
Just a few days ago, I saw it at $1.38 a gallon of gas here in St Louis.....yep that is cheap you can run all day & still have a lot of money in your pocket.

if you go through a glow plug every couple of runs something isn't right..... Glow plugs last years for me!!

Back