Who made the first production O/B Tunnel?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did y'all see that K&B 21 for $69.95? I don't remember them being that cheap. Looking through the magazine was cool. I built that Wind Drifter and Sig Kadet. Those were fun models.

Klampon Kai with K&B O/B from long ago...

Attachments

• PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
Klampon Kia was my first outboard and entry to racing ( my first boat was a little swamp buggy that I converted to 1/2a inboard). Then I scratch built an Excalibur. Been a sickness since.
When the 7.5 came out a couple of local guys ran the Klampon with them.

I think I have seen adds in 1976 or 77 for the Dumas Hotshot.. let me look.. yep.. i could dig more but i have an add from November 77 for the Hotshot.. (first one I grabbed.. (I have hundreds of early hobby magazines, all cataloged)

From what I can find.. the K+B OB was introduced October 76 or there about.. Its the first issue I can find the motor and it says.. "ITS HERE!"..lol Looks like Steve Muck had the Lil Lighting out in June of 77.. Dumas looks to have the Hot shot at that time as well. 14.95 at tower! I have not been able to find any production tunnels in 76 but it could be I am missing it.

well.. it looks like RCM had the OB motor introduced in the Showcase section of the Aug 1976 issue..

Latest posts

Back