Whiplash sport 40 build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles siler

In January I got a Whiplash sport 40 for a birthday present from my cousin Aron. Sense then I've been busy.

2016-03-05 23.19.31.jpg

20160207_175555.jpg

2016-03-05 23.33.24.jpg

2016-03-05 23.32.15.jpg

2016-03-05 23.30.37.jpg

2016-03-05 23.28.11.jpg

20160211_002237.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice clean build.
default_cool.png

Charles,

Looking great buddy, These Whips are great and fast running boats, you will have fun with this boat for sure.

Beau

Thanks guy's it's all due to Doc Turner! I seen his at the Fall and Winter Nats and know I'm in can't wait to finish up and run it.

Pass you guy's later Charlie

Did you get my e-mail with pictures?[/quote

Yes I did I've been to busy to reply Doc. The cowl how are you going to fix the that? The skis any exacts or trail and error? Oh what are you getting at with the tail feathers? LOL thanks for the suggestion Charlie

I am going to use a different cowl. The tail of the Whiplash cowl looks good BUT WHEN THE BOAT BLOWS OFF AND HITS THE WATER THE VERTICAL HEIGHT OF THE TAIL AREA OF THE COWL IS LIKE A WALL AND RIPS THE COWL OOF INCLUDING THE NOSE OF THE HULL. It actually broke my pipe mount out of the bottom of the hull and ripped the pipe out, loosing a $150 Bouchie pipe to the bottom of the lake.

A new cowl will be on mine

Nice build I like the rudder, mind saying where did you got that? On my hull i put a doubler under the Strut and tuned pipe just so i don't rip the bottom out in a crash

Nice build I like the rudder, mind saying where did you got that? On my hull i put a doubler under the Strut and tuned pipe just so i don't rip the bottom out in a crash
Rum Racing in Arizona . The new kits are a two piece plywood floor

I am going to use a different cowl. The tail of the Whiplash cowl looks good BUT WHEN THE BOAT BLOWS OFF AND HITS THE WATER THE VERTICAL HEIGHT OF THE TAIL AREA OF THE COWL IS LIKE A WALL AND RIPS THE COWL OOF INCLUDING THE NOSE OF THE HULL. It actually broke my pipe mount out of the bottom of the hull and ripped the pipe out, loosing a $150 Bouchie pipe to the bottom of the lake.

A new cowl will be on mine
Doc are you making the cowl or getting it from someone else and can I get one also.

I am going to use a ABC PLASTIC COWL, one Mark used for a sport 40 he designed. I haven't tried yet getting it in place. It is ROUNDED AND SLOPES DOWN TO THE BACK OF THE BOAT. NO VERTICAL TAIL.

Back