Which Gas Cat to buy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertDoak

So I have been to several different races and watched the gas cats run and like the style of boat....so after doing some research I have found several different hull companies....
Aeromarine.....Conquest
A/C Boats.....R42...and several others
Insane Boats...G3 Cat
Stryker f41...
I may have overlooked some others...
But which one is the "best" or most competitive...and which hull do you run...
Thanks in advance....

Hi Robert you have a tough decision to make. They are all good boats but there are 3 if I was going to buy & race that excites my blood on my personal interest but you won't be disappointed with the seaducer, the R42 or the insane boat G3. They all have different traits but you will not be disappointed in the three that I have given you. this will cut down your decision. I ran cats for years and always look for what is turning best flying down the straights and these are my three top choices. Good luck in picking your choice

Any of those gas cats can and will, win lots of races. The "BEST" cat is the one that's set up the best and driven the best.

Two of the recent favorite brands are AC R42 and AM Conquest. But it comes down to the set-up guy and the guy on the radio. And as always; PROPS!

Thanks guys....
So I'm on the right path and it looks like I have a lot of knowledge coming from the both of you...at out last district race...Conquest was there...and the R-42..that was the first time seeing a A/C boat...I need to check out Seaducer...I have seen the mono hulls..not any cats ..
Thanks and I will admit...I'm not the greatest driver...but time should help that.

There are alot of good cats out there..for years i ran f41..won lots of races..then i got a 2nd hand sea ducer and love the boat..2nd place at 2017 nats in Smithfield va..and took it to Maryland 2 weeks ago in fort richie and 1st for weekend...i all so have a ac r42 and love that boat as well..20190526_105149.jpg 20190707_095538.jpg 20190707_095608.jpg

Eddie...
Beautiful boats...I can tell the red cat is the seaducer with the trademark arrow on the deck....the second one is the r42 ?
And I was also in fort Richie...great time..
Lots of awesome boats..I was pitting next to Eddie...Darrell...and Brent....great bunch of guys..

I did a lot of looking when I was Cat shopping. I looked at the R-42 but people couldn't decide on where to place the strut. I ended up with an F-41 which has been a proven hull for a good 20 years. I know other love their Conquests. The Sprint Cat is also a good option if you can get one or anything from Aeromarine. If you try for one, go through a dealer as its not easy getting ahold of Remy.

Attachments

• DSCF1172 (1).JPG
    DSCF1172 (1).JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 91
Wow...its starting to get tough....
I did call Aeromarine this morning and had a good chat with Remy...nice guy and answered all my questions... And I mentioned the shorter 42" Sprint he suggested if heat racing is my goal then stay with the Conquest...he is 2 weeks out on hulls...I guess thats a good thing for him...I would like to see other pics of the Insane G3 hull...

Dennis...thats same pic and only pic I can find..Insane is also pretty good at giving info...I have the setup directions from the web site..

Is this okie doki? Lol im that eddie so u seen my seaducer run and pitted for me one race..the other is a r42 my newest build..been working out motor gremlins..why i brought the seaducer to race

Eddie...
Beautiful boats...I can tell the red cat is the seaducer with the trademark arrow on the deck....the second one is the r42 ?
And I was also in fort Richie...great time..
Lots of awesome boats..I was pitting next to Eddie...Darrell...and Brent....great bunch of guys..

Eddie....
Yep its okie dokie.....sweet boats ...I left the event and never got any contact info from you all....I had a great time and thanks for all your help and advice...there is a Delmarva race coming in up in October Queenstown MD....you attending..? This is the boat I was "trying to run"

Attachments

• 20190907_084755.jpg
    20190907_084755.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 46
Real nice Eddie! So, is the latest configuration the WYK cloan, or the WT?

Also, if you're ever curious, Hammond Electrical Enclosures sells (at very reasonable cost) polycarbonate boxes with captured O-ring sealed clear or smoked, screw-down lids. Strong, waterproof, and no more taping. Many different sizes. Just an option.

First Pioneer?

So I found Bonzi boats....
They offer a 47" Skater cat....any one had experienced this boat...? Or the company

Eddie....
Yep its okie dokie.....sweet boats ...I left the event and never got any contact info from you all....I had a great time and thanks for all your help and advice...there is a Delmarva race coming in up in October Queenstown MD....you attending..? This is the boat I was "trying to run"
Id like to make that race but dont think ill be able too.. shoot me a pm with ur number

Real nice Eddie! So, is the latest configuration the WYK cloan, or the WT?

Also, if you're ever curious, Hammond Electrical Enclosures sells (at very reasonable cost) polycarbonate boxes with captured O-ring sealed clear or smoked, screw-down lids. Strong, waterproof, and no more taping. Many different sizes. Just an option.

First Pioneer?
Thanks Dennis..when i built the boat i put my 26 pioneer in it as i was rebuilding my 29.5 pioneer the 29 is in it now with the china wyk carb..hopin i got the gremlins worked out this motor..find out maybe this weekend.

Back