Which Gas Cat to buy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis...
I was peeking at your profile/album area...you have quit an operation going on.....is there a web site or just work of mouth ....

The t44 by Allan terry is a competitive hull, setup is critical on this hull but runs well when dialed in. Conquest is a good hull, had a seducer cat years ago, not a bad boat. Like Dennis said , spend time dialing in the hull and as long as your driving skills are there these boats are very competitive. Call bob austin for the right prop for your cat, this is the difference between 1st place and last

John...
Thanks very much for the input....
I think I have decided on the Aeromarine Conquest....I chatted with Remy and will pay him a visit after work shortly and order the boat....maybe I can get a tour...
And I have already delt with Bob Austin...super helpful and cut me an awesome prop for my Crackerbox...
And for everyone else that shared....thank you all....but if there is any more secrets that you want to share....please share.....I love to learn ...

You will need to reinforce the cowl on that conquest, if you stuff it hard enough the cowl may buckle on you.
I still have my conquest, it's a few years old but ran well when I put it away, you made a good choice, aeromarine makes a great product.
Mine was set up with a mod 26 and a hotpipe, was very competitive.
Good luck with your new boat

Thanks John...
Although there are many excellent and to some, better choices on hulls...I do like the the fact that Aeromarine has been in the game probably longer than all the others and there just 2 hours from me..
If you have a setup that works ...would you mind sharing.

John...
Thanks very much for the input....
I think I have decided on the Aeromarine Conquest....I chatted with Remy and will pay him a visit after work shortly and order the boat....maybe I can get a tour...
And I have already delt with Bob Austin...super helpful and cut me an awesome prop for my Crackerbox...
And for everyone else that shared....thank you all....but if there is any more secrets that you want to share....please share.....I love to learn ...

The Aeromarine Conquest is a great hull.
Pay extra to get the heavy layup with carbon reinforcements.

I have extensive experience with these hulls. Built about 15 of these boats with singles and a few with inlines in them.

Daniels racing....
Wow...the twin probably balanced the boat well I bet.....vids look awesome...
And Thanks for the heavy layup tip...
Have you noticed any balance issues like the nose is light and needs weight

Daniels racing....
I watched all the vids you have on the conquest....wow..ballistic is the only word I have....we need to talk...:D

Well todays (Thursday) the day...
Remy from Aeromarine called and said the Conquest is ready ....so road trip to Delaware after work....only 20 days....
I had Remy do all the glass reinforcements that many of you spoke about...im mostly concerned about the sponson tips which will be also taken care of....so this will round out my off season....finish a WOF tunnel then start the Conquest....cant wait.

I got the Aeromarine Conquest Cat home...a brand new unmolested still smells like epoxy when you remove the hatch new boat...this is my first pre build new boat..
So what size engine should occupy the spacious interior....?

Attachments

• 20191031_154014.jpg
    20191031_154014.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 20191031_153859.jpg
    20191031_153859.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • 20191031_185917.jpg
    20191031_185917.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
What size motor depends on where you race, some areas small blocks are dying out and all they run is big blocks and in some other districts vise versa. Here in namba dist 11 small blocks are still popular and a good amount of big blocks. Just depends on where you run.
Good luck with your new boat

John..
So where or what size does big block/
small block start....and is it a actual case size difference...or just a cc difference.
I was looking at a 30cc engine....big block or is that a small block

Mike..
Thanks very much..so is it a engine case size or just an upper cylinder thing...

I believe case size is the same unless you get into the zen 320. if you are running a 30 then that would be a namba g2, I think in impba that would be a lsg36. never ran a big block cat but watched quite a few of them, impressive acceleration out of a turn. your going to have fun with this boat. call bob and ask him what prop for a big block cat

Ok...I will give him a buzz when im a little further along...im on a road trip in the deep south currently....
So i do have a crackerbox with a gas engine...I can use that engine to mock up the boat and check balance...
Thanks for the reply..

29.5 is a good all around motor. Thats whats in my seaducer u seen run in fort richie and called for me..

Back