Whats a good entry level 3d printer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prusa MK3 or MK3s is a bit more expensive than a Creality CR10s, but much easier to start off with imo. I have both. If your looking to spend only a couple hundred Creality also makes the Ender 3 pro. There are tons of printers to choose from. Whatever you choose there will be a learning curve. Youtube will be your friend when you get started.

As with most things you can spend as much as you want buying fancy casements, bells and whistles but the Ender 3 Pro is going to be hard to beat. The price & performance of this printer is why it is so popular and has had only minor upgrades to its original base model.

As with most things you can spend as much as you want buying fancy casements, bells and whistles but the Ender 3 Pro is going to be hard to beat. The price & performance of this printer is why it is so popular and has had only minor upgrades to its original base model.
Curtis just got the Ender 3 Pro yesterday, is that what you are using Carl?

this is what I use and happy with it, TEVO Black Widow, my son uses the CR10s

I have had a Prusa Mk 3 since it was available. I keep installing both the hardware and firmware upgrades so now it's a Mk 3s. To me that's the advantage of Prusa. The printer keeps getting better. Also it was user friendly for a new user (me). I'm glad I got the kit, though. When problems arise, I had a clue on how to fix them. Prusa also has good technical support.

Lohring Miller

Curtis just got the Ender 3 Pro yesterday, is that what you are using Carl?

Yes. I am very happy with mine. There are others out there that will work fine but after looking at the reviews of this printer there were a lot of happy people who had them. I would suggest getting the glass printing surface. That is all I have done to upgrade mine well, actually I moved my filament roll to the side instead of the top as they say to mount it. It feeds off the filament much better from the side but that took about 5 mins to do. Other than that its a out of the box unit.

Prusa all the way, it is a veeeery good entry level printer and it just keeps gettin better. Also the Prusa slicer is very good. Buy the kit and you will learn a lot about your printer, the manual is outstanding!! And they have a very large comunity as well. Prusa MK3S does not need any upgrades to print flawless parts.

3D printers are going to make a lot of cool things possible that were out of reach for the average hobby guy before. It is great that there are many good and affordable startup options already available. You will see this change our hobby quickly.

I have had a Prusa Mk 3 since it was available. I keep installing both the hardware and firmware upgrades so now it's a Mk 3s. To me that's the advantage of Prusa. The printer keeps getting better. Also it was user friendly for a new user (me). I'm glad I got the kit, though. When problems arise, I had a clue on how to fix them. Prusa also has good technical support.

Lohring Miller

Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

I’m into CNC milling. I make all my own hardware and some for other folks as well.

I have a Ender 5 Pro and love it. I have made a lot of projects. Here is one!

Attachments

• 20210531_145902.jpg
    20210531_145902.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Back