What size of paper for a 1/10th scale print

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Whiteley

Supporting Member
Hello,

I just downloaded Gary Findlay's 1/10th scale Notre Dame hydroplane. I was going to take this pdf and have it printed but I wasn't sure how to ask for what I needed.

So what size of paper should I ask for and also at what scale should I want this printed out on? I enclosed a copy of the file so you can see what I'm needing to accomplish.

Thanks for all your input,

Lee

Attachments

• 10th_U-7_2 (2).pdf
    337.2 KB · Views: 29
I looked up the length of the Notre Dame in the MHR and found it's 36" long. When you figure in any rise in the bottom, you would probably need to add between .5 and one inch. Using a rough 37" length for the hull bottom, I'd guess you're looking at a 40 to 42 long and probably 36 inches wide for the sheet shown

The paper size is 44 x 33. But it sure is a lot easier to order a pre-cut 101 kit from MLBoatworks

Last edited:
Thanks for this information. After thinking this over a bit I just may do that PropNut. I was thinking of being able to use up some of the material I have on hand. I also have been wanting to cut this out on my cnc router for a project. Still looking at making up the cut files to accomplish this as well.

Ain't it fun just having all these options!!

Lee

pdf file should tell you what size the drawing is in the properties menu. then scale up or down accordingly...

Back