What manufacturers still make marine glow engines?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea Kalina

Hello. I'm a long time glow engine enthusiast who just now wants to start getting into marine glow/nitro engines. Who still makes these engines? Specifically, who still makes a marine glow engine that's of high-quality / high-performance that isn't just some knock-off with mediocre manufacturing tolerances, poor fit-and-finish, etc.? Here are the manufacturers I currently have written down which fit these criteria: AA (Double-Ace), CMB, K&B, O.S., Picco. Who am I missing? Thank you.

Hi everyone, i still have few OPS engines (45 blue head & 21 DAC o/b) and spares so please let me know what you want and i will see if i have.
Thanks, Patrick

OPS and NovaRossi make a good range of engines, Frank Werner make a very nice 45 engine..
I spoke to Mantua Models, They are the parent company for OPS and they confirmed that OPS was no more. They had some engines in stock and some spares but they will not be making any more.

Also, Have you tried the Novarossi website? it's now not working........

I saw that the company website is down as well, I wish we could know for sure of the future of Novarossi. It would be sad to see this company go away I always love their products. If they took their site down it’s not looking good.

we are down to one good engine manufacture now and that’s CMB which are great motors.

us as RC boaters May have to investigate other types of power plants such as car engines I am strongly considering buying from either max power or reds racing engines the Reds racing engines really resemble NovaRossi. I am thinking there on road engines would be suitable for our hobby we would have to tool and make our own marine heads for cooling.

i’ve been following your thread on your new engine endeavor I wish you a lot of luck and hope you get one to the market soon because we all know how much we need more engine choices.

I spoke to Mantua Models, They are the parent company for OPS and they confirmed that OPS was no more. They had some engines in stock and some spares but they will not be making any more.

I just received an order from Gabe. Check the: Nova Rossi Marine Us site. It’s up currently.
Thanks John

I saw that the company website is down as well, I wish we could know for sure of the future of Novarossi. It would be sad to see this company go away I always love their products. If they took their site down it’s not looking good.

we are down to one good engine manufacture now and that’s CMB which are great motors.

us as RC boaters May have to investigate other types of power plants such as car engines I am strongly considering buying from either max power or reds racing engines the Reds racing engines really resemble NovaRossi. I am thinking there on road engines would be suitable for our hobby we would have to tool and make our own marine heads for cooling.

i’ve been following your thread on your new engine endeavor I wish you a lot of luck and hope you get one to the market soon because we all know how much we need more engine choices.

thanks for the support with my project, trying to create an engine has made me really appreciate the quality of the engines we have been able to buy over the years, especially for how much they cost. Its really not a simple endeavour.

I can pretty much confirm Novarossi is no more. I have a contact at the factory and was given the list of machinery and all the prices if i wanted to but any.

I also bought a load of prototype parts and was even offered machining jigs, etc.

Its sad as Novarossi engines are particularly good bit its worth explaining that it was Covid that caused them to fail and not necessarily market forces.

also, Reds engines are re-badged Picco engines. I do not know Max power engines very well but they appear to be re-badged Novarossi’s - if they are then they will be no more.

there are a lot of engines on the market that are just re-badged engines, quite a few from novarossi.

OS make some great engines but not much marine specific stuff, almost no one does.

its sad to be honest but hopefully we can bring a good competitive engine to the market. If i can make it commercially successful then i would consider adding to the range.

if you want a 90 I recommend the KRE from Ken. I have one and it’s beautifully made

I just received an order from Gabe. Check the: Nova Rossi Marine Us site. It’s up currently.
Thanks John
Thats good and my recommendation to anyone is to buy engines and spares now while you can as it seems to be beyond doubt that Novarossi is now gone so NR US will no longer be receiving stock unless they have bought plans and tooling to locally manufacturer the engines and spares?

Well it looks like there is only one game in town now.
You may just pull this off Ricky if you go into production.
Timing is every thing thy say.
You are sitting in the catbirds seat now.

Last edited:

Really Mantua have closed OPS down, that’s a real shame I always liked the 67 engine.

just been onto the Novarossi.com website and it’s working fine for me so hopefully it was just a glitch Ricky.

im very fortunate as I have boxes of DD and Plus 21 engines and spare enough to last me for at least 10 years on 21 45 and 90 engines.

I would be really I tested one of your 21 engines when they are ready..

Back