What is the average length & width

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, what width are you looking for? Between the sponsons I run 16”, the tub width is 3-3/8”. In your first thread I wasn’t sure if it was for a sport 20 or a rigger.
Thanks John

Rick, my new .21 boats are 33 inches long, 3.5 inch wide tub, outside sponsons are 21.5 inches but my sponsons are old style and swoopy. Modern hydros all seem to be narrower, longer, and wider footprint than what we raced for 30 years ! My 21.5 inch outside of front sponsons includes almost 1.75 dry inches over the water line.

Hey John, overall width, out side to put side of sponsons.
And length of tub I guess
Rick,

I build my BlackJack at 30-1/2" tub length and a 3" inside width (less than 3-1/2" outside), with an extended strut. My inside sponson width is 12". Some have used longer booms, to as much as 14" inside width. It's really easy to build under 4lbs, with most coming in between 3-1/2 and 3-3/4 lbs. If you get much under 3-1/2 lbs, you'll likely end up on your cowl more than your sponsons, and more time hoping not to get hit than racing.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Latest posts

Back