What is everyone doing???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s alot of great memories, I’m sure!
Modeling is such a great hobby.....it sure kept me out of trouble for the most part!
I can still remember hand starting Fox .35 engines on my U control planes as a kid....

DAM!!! You got the white stuff and I'm looking at low to mid 80s. We had around 85 in the sun and upper 70s in the shade at my place yesterday. Should be nice weather to work on boats, today anyway, considering it may be raining four of the next seven days. What sucks for me is that I'll be working the overnight shift the next four nights, followed by a morning shift Thursday so I won't be doing much in the way of building after this afternoon until MAYBE Friday :(

Constructing a Gas Scale plug for the 80-82 Pak that will be constructed with bagged and heat cured carbon fiber. It has a similar open design as my nitro boats with a cowling that fits between the sponson mains and sits on the longitudinal ledges. It's a design that's spoiled me with the 8255 nitro boats designed by Jeff Snell. I still have to put a Bondo radius around all of the inside intersections. Gonna be dusty :( hack, hack. Hoping to have it ready to splash in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• pak 18.jpg
    pak 18.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 48
  • pak 4.jpg
    pak 4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Pak 9.jpg
    Pak 9.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 45
  • pak 11.jpg
    pak 11.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 44
  • pak 7.jpg
    pak 7.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 44
  • pak 12.jpg
    pak 12.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 42
  • pak 13.jpg
    pak 13.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 44
  • pak 14.jpg
    pak 14.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 42
  • pak 15.jpg
    pak 15.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 44
  • pak.jpg
    pak.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 43
My wife got me hooked on watching Home Town. Although watching older homes in Laurel being rebuilt is interesting, seeing Ben make things using repurposed wood is amazing. He is a truly gifted craftsman. I love the sign on his shop wall, "You cannot have enough clamps."

JD

I designed a new outboard 3.5cc Carbon Pipe tested it for a few months made and sold 25 or 30 of them and then designed and built an O/B 7.5cc carbon fiber pipe tested it and now I am working on the 11cc version. I finally got a good source for foam cores and that has made life much easier for that project. While all that was happening & even though I have had zero complaints about my laser cut control box kits, I made a change to the Lynx control box that made it easier to build and also designed a FE version for that same model. Then I decided that I had better finish up a new laser cut 3.5cc outboard tunnel kit that I have been wanting to try for about two years because I'm not getting any younger (like I need another 3.5cc tunnel design) so I finished that drawing and sent the file to the laser and I am in the middle of that build right now and then I scanned & duplicated a prop last week for a very good friend of mine and mailed that off yesterday and once all this craziness is over I am getting back on my new 7.5cc O/B tunnel project. I am building the masters for that boat and I will be molding it soon. I forgot that I also kitted an outboard mono for a friend of mine that he is testing now too. I will have to get back to building my fiberglass production models again before long. I am going to need a rest from my down time...LOL We are getting ready for the O/B war in SOWEGA this fall and the NAMBA Nationals in Huntsville.

Last edited:
Got 3 boats in the mail the other day, 2 for you bill and ! for me a Vision 40. Have a canard that will get done this weekend and then on to Bill's sport 20 & 40 FE boats. Somewhere I'll get my Vision done.

Brad

More progress on the Cigarette boat.

Attachments

• IMG_2185.jpg
    IMG_2185.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 58C23611-BB16-4863-9E41-031794FBD905.JPG
    58C23611-BB16-4863-9E41-031794FBD905.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 40