What is everyone doing???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that bling will kill very effectively and more efficiently my Friend. You do what you can afford.
Julian,

Just bustin' yer chops. You're armed. That's what counts. And I read that "Glocks just work". Nothing wrong with that.

To be honest, I'm just not a fan of the entire "polymer movement". I don't have that first firearm with a single significant component in plastic. I've always believed that plastic is for toys and metal is for tools.

Sig P938 (CCW)
Kimber 1911 Custom Compact, .45 ACP
AR-15, built from 80% lower with no SN.
AR-45, Built from 80& lower with no SN, .45 ACP, Grease Gun Mag.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Julian,

Just bustin' yer chops. You're armed. That's what counts. And I read that "Glocks just work". Nothing wrong with that.

To be honest, I'm just not a fan of the entire "polymer movement". I don't have that first firearm with a single significant component in plastic. I've always believed that plastic is for toys and metal is for tools.

Sig P938 (CCW)

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

i love and collect guns as well.... but one thing ive always known is they will be useless if the crap really hits the fan, you would need a warehouse full of ammo to get through any real world apocolyptic type stuff.. heck, just look at whats going on now over a flu.. ammo limited, prices jacked...

when and if anything seriously goes down one day bullets will be unattainable... unless you can make your own powder and primers...

for this very reason, i think the "good" air guns will have thier place.. a small caliber like the 22... 22 pellets can be stored by the million in a closet... 👍 would be ideal for staying fed, while the powder pushers are reserved for life preservation... 🤟

just a thought ive always had...👍

Julian,

Sig P938 (CCW)

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

i can agree with you about polymers but the way they are build now there very good. I think they are using more polymer materials for weight. But you can always replace most of the components to aluminum or even titanium except the lower frame.

golck are great guns out the box but with a few modifications and some slide weight reductions the recoil is a lot less and with the ported barrels it’s almost non existent which makes it better for accuracy and performance overall.

Glocks are by far some of the best pistols in the market specially the modifications you can make to a Glock are never ending making them the best platform for carry or competition shooting as well.

I also have a AR15 SBR I custom build
Myself fun fun ;-)

Attachments

• 2FA284D2-8646-4029-A2A1-C425E6D9DE3A.jpeg
    2FA284D2-8646-4029-A2A1-C425E6D9DE3A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
i can agree with you about polymers but the way they are build now there very good. I think they are using more polymer materials for weight. But you can always replace most of the components to aluminum or even titanium except the lower frame.

golck are great guns out the box but with a few modifications and some slide weight reductions the recoil is a lot less and with the ported barrels it’s almost non existent which makes it better for accuracy and performance overall.

Glocks are by far some of the best pistols in the market specially the modifications you can make to a Glock are never ending making them the best platform for carry or competition shooting as well.

I also have a AR15 SBR I custom build
Myself fun fun ;-)
Julian,

So the porting in the slide on the Glock are for lightening? I assumed they were for cooling. And what's with the holster rash? Or is that from sand during your deployment?

I've been to several pistol competitions, as the club I belong to hosts them every month (or, at least, used to :rolleyes:). I have yet to see any of the serious competitors shooting Glocks. They almost all use custom 2011s (modernized 1911s that cost more than a decent used car).

I don't have a real problem with Glock. I just don't like the way they fit in my hand and they all feel very top heavy. Even my P938, with its aluminum frame, feels well balanced at stance. Then again, it's essentially a 75% scaled 1911 without the backstrap safety, and I've never held a 1911 I didn't like the feel of.

I also like the AFG on your AR-SBR. What is it? I don't think I've ever seen one before. What's the black lever between the side light and the HG for?

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

i love and collect guns as well.... but one thing ive always known is they will be useless if the crap really hits the fan, you would need a warehouse full of ammo to get through any real world apocolyptic type stuff.. heck, just look at whats going on now over a flu.. ammo limited, prices jacked...

when and if anything seriously goes down one day bullets will be unattainable... unless you can make your own powder and primers...

for this very reason, i think the "good" air guns will have thier place.. a small caliber like the 22... 22 pellets can be stored by the million in a closet... 👍 would be ideal for staying fed, while the powder pushers are reserved for life preservation... 🤟

just a thought ive always had...👍
Alden,

I don't think the rule "an armed society is, by nature, polite" is going to go out of favor in the event of a "thing". The fact that you're armed will likely keep you from actually having to use it, just as it does now. In the event of a true "nearly ELE", it probably won't matter either way.

You're not entirely wrong about the air powered arms. BUT...… You'd best be thinking about your propellent. You're not gonna want to have to pump that thing up between every trigger pull, and you can only store so many CO2 cartridges. If it's strictly for hunting, you'd likely be OK, though.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Alden,

I don't think the rule "an armed society is, by nature, polite" is going to go out of favor in the event of a "thing". The fact that you're armed will likely keep you from actually having to use it, just as it does now. In the event of a true "nearly ELE", it probably won't matter either way.

You're not entirely wrong about the air powered arms. BUT...… You'd best be thinking about your propellent. You're not gonna want to have to pump that thing up between every trigger pull, and you can only store so many CO2 cartridges. If it's strictly for hunting, you'd likely be OK, though.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

agreed 100% my friend... i was leaning more towards the break barrel design, 10 shot mag design.. no C02 to worry about.. and no multiple pumps, just one action.. the larger cal. like the .25, 30, 357, 44, and 50 all use the high pressure compressed resivoirs, so i try to lean away from them...👍

mike
Beautiful collection
Tell me about the thong fiber
Inboard F1 and his you got it
Thank you
Dave Weagel
Dave, I can't say much about the boat itself except it seems to be well built. I haven't had it in water yet. I got the setup instructions from a friend who has one. I got the hull by contacting Thong thru his Facebook page. He takes your order and after a period of time he will contact you about payment and show you it's ready to ship. Shipping was about 4 or 5 days.

Julian,

So the porting in the slide on the Glock are for lightening? I assumed they were for cooling. And what's with the holster rash? Or is that from sand during your deployment?

I've been to several pistol competitions, as the club I belong to hosts them every month (or, at least, used to :rolleyes:). I have yet to see any of the serious competitors shooting Glocks. They almost all use custom 2011s (modernized 1911s that cost more than a decent used car).

I don't have a real problem with Glock. I just don't like the way they fit in my hand and they all feel very top heavy. Even my P938, with its aluminum frame, feels well balanced at stance. Then again, it's essentially a 75% scaled 1911 without the backstrap safety, and I've never held a 1911 I didn't like the feel of.

I also like the AFG on your AR-SBR. What is it? I don't think I've ever seen one before. What's the black lever between the side light and the HG for?

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

lots of people here in FL use Glock. Yes the cut on the slides are to make the slide lighter and reduce recoil it has nothing to do with cooling. Same with the ports on the barrel that’s to reduce the recoil.

It’s not holster rash lol. it’s the way the gun was cerekoted (painted) it’s called battle worn.

it’s a Hera CQR FG and the lever in between the handguard and the light is to release the tac light from the rail.

the 1911’s are nice but overpriced I don’t like how they feel in my hand and also there not the best to conceal carry specially me because I’m small lol. The Glocks have finger grooves that fit perfectly in my hand. All fins are great depending what your using it for.

Last edited:
lots of people here in FL use Glock. Yes the cut on the slides are to make the slide lighter and reduce recoil it has nothing to do with cooling. Same with the ports on the barrel that’s to reduce the recoil.

It’s not holster rash lol. it’s the way the gun was cerekoted (painted) it’s called battle worn.

it’s a Hera CQR FG and the lever in between the handguard and the light is to release the tac light from the rail.

the 1911’s are nice but overpriced I don’t like how they feel in my hand and also there not the best to conceal carry specially me because I’m small lol. The Glocks have finger grooves that fit perfectly in my hand. All fins are great depending what your using it for.
Julian,

Your hand is shaped wrong..... 😁

1911s are all over the map as far as price. I can put one in your hands for $400 (that you probably won't like) and I can show you one pushing five digits (probably more). I just looked at an Ithaca that was in almost $6500, and I've seen Les Baer 1911s go for well over $7K. Everything is relative. While these prices seem insane, I dare you to rack one and not drool.

As for CCW, I don't carry mine. That's what the P938 is for. I keep the 1911 for home defense.

So.... it's not holster rash. It was Ceracoted to LOOK like holster rash..... I was WAY off.... :eek::cool:

I just ordered a Hera CQR FG. Looks interesting. Apparently hard to find, though. Most places are out of stock with no known ETA.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Julian,

1911s are all over the map as far as price. I can put one in your hands for $400 (that you probably won't like) and I can show you one pushing five digits (probably more). I just looked at an Ithaca that was in almost $6500, and I've seen Les Baer 1911s go for well over $7K. Everything is relative. While these prices seem insane, I dare you to rack one and not drool.

As for CCW, I don't carry mine. That's what the P938 is for. I keep the 1911 for home defense.

So.... it's not holster rash. It was Ceracoted to LOOK like holster rash..... I was WAY off.... :eek::cool:

I just ordered a Hera CQR FG. Looks interesting. Apparently hard to find, though. Most places are out of stock with no known ETA.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Hera stuff Yeah there very rare and hard to find. Idiot like how the 1911 feels

Julian,

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

We might have to talk I might need your help

Dave, I can't say much about the boat itself except it seems to be well built. I haven't had it in water yet. I got the setup instructions from a friend who has one. I got the hull by contacting Thong thru his Facebook page. He takes your order and after a period of time he will contact you about payment and show you it's ready to ship. Shipping was about 4 or 5 days.

mike

thank you for the information

I tried to contact TF via tel and email
many times December 2019 and Jan 2020.
I gave up

Back