West Systems pumps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraysonTaylor

Supporting Member
I'm thinking about switching to West Systems epoxy and the pumps seem to be great. My garage can go from 47 to 85 degrees. Seems to me like those pumps would drip when the weather gets warm. I'm the kinda guy that may forget that I even have epoxy for six months. That could really mess up a cabinet. What's your experience with them?

I'm thinking about switching to West Systems epoxy and the pumps seem to be great. My garage can go from 47 to 85 degrees. Seems to me like those pumps would drip when the weather gets warm. I'm the kinda guy that may forget that I even have epoxy for six months. That could really mess up a cabinet. What's your experience with them?

They do dribble,
put the cans in a plastic shoe box when not in use

Yes the shoe box is what I do. Also if you haven't used the pump in a while get a small container and activate each pump so that each pump is full, when your done be sure that each pump is at the top of it's stroke. If the hardener is of by just a bit your cure time will be off. Great stuff.

Yes the shoe box is what I do. Also if you haven't used the pump in a while get a small container and activate each pump so that each pump is full, when your done be sure that each pump is at the top of it's stroke. If the hardener is of by just a bit your cure time will be off. Great stuff.
Tim, others,

Not exactly ON topic, but you touched on something....

You mentioned the pumps being full and cure times being off. I've been known to use graduated syringes for small batches of West epoxy. I have 10cc and 3cc (What's readily available at Tractor Supply for farm use) that seem to work well, although the hardener does tend to slowly attack the rubber plunger, so I go through those some.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine And Precision LLC

I transfer mine into different "squeeze" bottles and mix by weight in the amounts I need. I will replace the bottles every so often, but far cheaper than wasting the expensive epoxy. No need for the pumps IMO.

I made a set of pump stop sticks that I hold under the pump head to control how much... I have two sets.. giving me three options for quantity.

and then. none of that matters anymore because I can not be within a mile of that stuff anymore.. HEAD ALL WARNINGS! PLEASE!.. want to know how to ruin a perfectly good hobby.. just ask..

Grim

I keep my epoxies above my work bench on a shelve. Under the pumps in front of the cans I have a old gallon oil bottle that I have cut about 3" from the bottom setting under the pumps. You can see this in the picture. And this tub has been there for 10 years I know.IMG_0942.JPG I use so much epoxy this is the best way to control this.

I keep my epoxies above my work bench on a shelve. Under the pumps in front of the cans I have a old gallon oil bottle that I have cut about 3" from the bottom setting under the pumps. You can see this in the picture. And this tub has been there for 10 years I know.View attachment 278736 I use so much epoxy this is the best way to control this.

Show Off!! Twins stocked up like control line combat planes!

I'm thinking about switching to West Systems epoxy and the pumps seem to be great. My garage can go from 47 to 85 degrees
I purchased a few cans of West Systems resin & hardener, maybe a year ago, I'm hoping they will remain properly stable. I live in Calif (L.A. area), and my garage can get really hot once the weather warms up (from 40 to 105 degrees F). Will probably not use my pumps. I think I'll be dispensing epoxy by the fraction of an ounce (or in milliliters). I use my wonderful little Milk Of Magnesia measuring cups, they work great :>)

Attachments

• Phillips'_MixingCup_03.jpg
    Phillips'_MixingCup_03.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
I purchased a few cans of West Systems resin & hardener, maybe a year ago, I'm hoping they will remain properly stable. I live in Calif (L.A. area), and my garage can get really hot once the weather warms up (from 40 to 105 degrees F). Will probably not use my pumps. I think I'll be dispensing epoxy by the fraction of an ounce (or in milliliters). I use my wonderful little Milk Of Magnesia measuring cups, they work great :>)
You got a link to where you get those or is it local pharmacy ? I waste a lot of epoxy .

Latest posts

Back