West Systems G flex epoxy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenBeller

Anybody ever use this Gflex epoxy for west systems. Any feedback ?

Attachments

• 4BE584A2-DE25-4378-BB17-4AEFD49B0011.png
    4BE584A2-DE25-4378-BB17-4AEFD49B0011.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Its not overly flexible is just far less brittle as the other West systems 105 and other epoxy's. When I was stress testing it actually had a great breaking strength the standard epoxy's.

Mix up some equal amounts of both types in the small plastic mixing cup's and let it cure for 24 hrs. The standard West Systems 105 will just about fall out of the mixing cup. But not the G Flex you'll have to destroy the mixing Cup to get to break the bond.

Yes G-10 .015 deck skin's & .030 on the bottom and sponsons be sure to sand the surfaces with 100 grit to be glued to give it some tooth for the epoxy to hang on to

Yes David Hall and I have been using it for many years. Best epoxy we have found . Total Boat also makes an epoxy similar to it and it comes in larger quantities.

QUOTE="KenBeller, post: 759038, member: 11927"]
Anybody ever use this Gflex epoxy for west systems. Any feedback ?
[/QUOTE]

They also offer the GFlex in tubes that are pre-thickened. I'll tell another great adhesive for flexibility it's E6000 it can be found in craft stores and glues almost anything. Similar to silicone but way tougher. The only glue I've found that can glue the sullivan fuel tanks together. When you pull it off of something it keeps stretching untill it finally releases most cases in one piece.

How is it for sanding? Would it work well for sealing surfaces and sanding before painting. I like the105 for surfaces as it cures fast and hard under a heat lamp. Could be interesting for making cowls but maybe too flexible.

Man that seems awful thin G 10 must be very strong. Would this thickness be as strong as 16th inch plywood ?

Back